iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

I guess I won't complain about my kinda sticky weather.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

thecfarm

70° this morning. Kinda knew it was warm out,I did not have to close the window this morning while I enjoyed the FF.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

thecfarm

I have a nice breeze this morning,but besides that,just like yesterday.

SwampDonkey

Heat warning here all week, 70's at night time. Nice breeze the last two days and nicer outside under my birch trees and gazebo swing. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

timberking

Below 100 last couple days.  Feels like fall is coming.

chevytaHOE5674

49 degrees here yesterday morning, 52 this morning. Was chilly in the house when I crawled out of bed.

thecfarm

Another 70° morning. The wind was blowing yesterday. Had a couple good size limbs fall out of the red oak.

SwampDonkey

The rain has begun here this morning and 72 F. Yep was a good wind yesterday up on the building site. No sign of a fly of any kind around the yard. :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

Rained all day here yesterday, sometimes just misty, once in a while, heavy!

No rain forecast for today!

Back to the mill in a little bit!  ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

A light started here around 5:30 this morning,raining hard now. We can use it.

IMERC

T storm, heavy rains, localized flooding and some hail...
dropped the temp from 98° tp 61° in a few minuets...
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

Ljohnsaw

No rain here - sure wish we'd get some!

I have a new theory - the change in the weather is not due to "climate change" or "global warming".  Its because of the State Fair.  The California State Fair used to be in the 2½ weeks before Labor Day.  And without fail, we would have a couple of days of 105°+.  Sometimes it would wait for the last couple of days of the fair but it always would happen.

Well, a few years ago they moved the State Fair up to the middle of July and the temperatures followed.  For the past week, we've had 100° +/-5 and that is expected to continue for another week.  Yesterday we hit 109° after a morning low of 65° - an amazing 44° change in 12 hours to be repeated today, tomorrow and Saturday :-\
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

SwampDonkey

A good soaking rain here, still laying it down good.

thecfarm

A sunny day until about 4,than the dark clouds rolled in and a hard rain shower with some thunder and lighting.
Looks like about 2 miles form the house something happened. I saw 4 trees down,one made the road into one lane. A good size branch was across the road too. My place there was nothing. I cleaned up the branches in the driveway this morning. There was only a very small one on the ground,when I got home.

SwampDonkey

We had a cold front move through, but no light show. A little rain from it. It's still 67 overnight, but not muggy. Only 70's for the high today, and not 90 for a few days. :D

thecfarm

Got the fire danger down to moderate now. Had a few showers,kinda on the warm side and kinda on the humid side yesterday. 68° here now.

SwampDonkey

Been 80-90 here for a long stretch, hot this coming week to. So much for my last post, it got into the 80's that day. :D Hardly any rain here for quite awhile. Just 1/10" shower the other day. Calling for some wet today, but nothing yet.

Been eating taters, beans, beets and carrots for a week. Some cukes and maters from brother's garden to. I have all kinds of maters, still green and when my cukes are ready I could fill a potato barrel easily. :D  My hot peppers look blighted, but the fruit isn't rotten. I'm waiting for them to turn red, maybe they won't make it. :D

Been experimenting with caged corn. :D We'll see how that works. Either that or be feeding the coons. ;)

Been a little humid for cement work, but the basement is done and the garage and shop foundations are done. Gotta put in a water line to the house and conduit, then I can get the yard work underway and put the steps to the house in place. One of them concrete steps. I also have iron steps we made years ago to use for the clothes line. I like steps that don't rot. :)

crowhill

Rain on & off yesterday and humid. Ran the mill tween the rain storms with hopes of sawing this am to finish an order, but it's dumping buckets, not supposed to let up til 2pm. Not good, going to outside wedding at 4pm. I think will be wet even if not raining!
TimberKing B-20, Kubota M-4900 w/FEL with tooth bar, hyd thumb and forks, Farmi winch, 4 chain saws.

chevytaHOE5674

Weather has been a roller coaster UP here. Had some warm weather last week in the 80s then it dropped off middle of the week into the 50s with rain and nighttime lows in the low 40s at the house, points inland a ways had 35 degree lows for two nights. Today we have had almost 3" of rain and 50mph winds leading to power outages much of the day.

Jim_Rogers

Had a tornado touch down in CT and MA yesterday and did a lot of damage to wires, trees and buildings. One center of town had a lot of buildings damaged. Some had to be torn down immediately. No one badly hurt.
Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

thecfarm

I saw that on the news Jim. That is strange weather.
It only rained here,just about all day,heavy at times.

SwampDonkey

We had heavy showers here yesterday and ended up with 7/10" rain. We haven't even had bad thunderstorms here all summer. I can only recall 3 thunderstorms and over in short order and no high winds, except maybe 20 mph in one. Not windy enough to knock you off balance. Very lucky so far. But we never get a lot of freak storms anyway.

Woodcutter_Mo

Hot and dry here in Mo. Looks like a couple chances of rain later this week, hopefully we get some of it. 
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

Chuck White

Heat Advisory issued for this area today!

Heat Index forecast at 97°

Not much going on outside, here today!    smiley_sweat_drop  smiley_sweat_drop  smiley_sweat_drop
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

I heard the heat advisory here too.

Thank You Sponsors!