iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Central Boiler Classic 6048 door issue

Started by PhilC, November 12, 2017, 07:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilC

I'm new to the forum.  I have a Central Boiler Classic 6048.  It was installed in the winter of 2013.  I replaced the door rope last year.  I noticed this year the bottom hook on the latch was not going around the cam.  I tried to adjust it with the bolts on the door handle, but still cannot get it to work.  When I try to close it, the hook just pushes back.  I used a 8 Lbs. wrench to tighten it, so I pretty sure I have enough torque.  I'm not big guy, but I'm 6'1" and 215 Lbs, so I'm not small either.  Any suggestions?  Maybe double bolt it?  I've read where those cams are adjustable, I just don't know how to do it.  I should have a few pictures attached.  I tried attaching them under the photo's to post, but it told me I didn't have an album.  So I tried adding them as an attachment.  I also tired dragging the photos to the photo section and that doesn't work either.  I'll read up on how to attach pictures on this site and get them on there one way or the other. 

PhilC

Trying to add the photos.  Let's see if this works

PhilC

It's certainly a party trying to post photos here.  Photo 1 is the door, photo 2 is the bottom latch and the cam.  Photo 3 is the adjustment bolt on the door handle. 

Wood Shed

Something does not look right with your cam in pic #2, least it does not look like mine. I would replace that first.  My 6048 is in its 12th season, only have replaced the rope once, mostly because I could not because it was needed.  Just keeping my fingers crossed as I load her with wood and watch the smoke roll.  My nearest neighbors (father and son) both have CB 6048's that are a year older than mine, they are common in my area.
A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in." -Greek Proverb

PhilC

I fixed it.  I did add an extra nut to the bottom.  I loosened up the cam adjustment at the bottom, then adjusted the bottom latch hook to be the same as the top, meaning in the same position.  Then I closed the door and latched the top on the cam that is tight, and on the bottom where I had loosened up the cam.  I tightened up both the nuts, on the bottom adjustment, and then tightened down the cam.  It has been fine now, burning the heck out of the wood as it's been 20 degrees as a high for the last few days.  I have it set at 180, and that has given me the heat to keep the house around 70 when we're awake, and I set the house at 67 at night. I did have it at 165 and couldn't get the house up to 70 when it was 5 degrees outside.   
Thanks for the input.  I have had mine for 4 seasons now.  I live on a small farm with some woods.  I must have 20 ash trees that are at least 60' tall that are dead or dying.  I have wood for I bet 10 years!

Thank You Sponsors!