iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Recipe

Started by Norm, July 04, 2004, 11:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

Tried out a new recipe I saw a guy make on Martha Stewart's show the other day. They are called boules de berlin with creme patissiere filling. I call em doughnuts with vanilla pudding filling. :D

Diet..what diet. ;D

Paul_H

They look good Norm! I'll take a dozen. ;)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

ScottAR

Yummy...  8)  Great, now I'm hungry!   :D
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Patty

They were really good.  ;D    I forgot to save any for the rest of you guys. Better luck next time.  :)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Ed_K

Weeelll, being ya'll didn't save any, how about the recipe. Rita says she'll make em for me.
Ed K

Norm

I'd better not post the recipe since it's on Martha's website, but here's a link to it.

http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jhtml?type=content&id=recipe3062&search=true&resultNo=1

We had some leftover vanilla creme sauce and Patty brought me some with homemade choclate ice cream on it for desert tonight. I think I'm going to explode from eating too much. :D

Ed_K

Kool  8) 8) 8), now if I can get Rita to make them for me  ;D.
 She did promise  ;).
Ed K

Bothy_Loon

They would go down well after a feed of haggis neeps & tatties!
Bothy Loon

Kevin_H.

Well we made rons grandma's donuts last year and I think we are going to try these this weekend, but we are all ways open of suggestions, so come on people let go of those doughnut secrets....

I gotta tell ya norm your doughnut pic looks way better than the one on martha's website...maybe it's cause we can see the filling oozzzing out of the ones you made. 8)
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Doc

HAGGIS! AND HOMEADE DONUTS W/FILLIN'

Yep....I'm hungry!!!! :-\ :-\ :-\

Do you guys have to talk about food on here? I wanna eat my desk now!

Doc

Paschale

Looking good, there Norm!   8)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

EZ

I'm going to put my order in for ten dozen. As a matter of fact Norm, you better come over here at my place for a year or two or three or... you know so I dont get the urge for a smoke. ;D
EZ

Norm

Hey Kevin thanks for the reminder. :) I'd forgotten about making those but boy do they look tasty. My favorite raised doughnut recipe is called doughboys. They are a doughnut without the hole. I'm burning up enough calories moving the office this weekend that I'm going to splurge and make a batch up on Monday.

Only ten dozen EZ....boy you must be on a diet too. ;D

sawguy21

Norm, sounds like Patty is too good to you  :D Homemade chocolate ice cream. Awww man, did you HAVE to say that..
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

isawlogs

My favotite raised doughnut Is one that when hot out of the oil it is dipped in hot maple sirop , You just cant bake enough of those ...  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Kevin_H.

Well the campers want me to make something called " cow pies"

They are basicly a funnel cake covered with chocolate and caramel syrup, with whip cream and pecans piled on top...

I will try to get a pic if they last long enough. :o
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

pigman

Quote from: Kevin_H. on May 29, 2005, 08:32:23 AM

covered with chocolate and caramel syrup, with whip cream and pecans piled on top...

I think the regular cow pie would be good with all that good stuff on top. ;)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Norm

Now those sound good Kevin, I'll settle for a picture but would rather you overnite a couple of em to me. :)

OneWithWood

I vote for all you desert makers to show up at the Piggy Roast with ample supplies for all  :D :o
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Paschale

OWW, I'll be there with some definite dessert goodies, just cuz I like to eat!   8)  Maybe by that time, Furby's chickens will be laying some eggs, and I can use some of them for the baking.   ;D

Patty

I've been wondering about UPSing you some eggs, Paschale. Do you think they'd survive the trip? My neighbors all lock the door now when they see me coming with MORE eggs to give away.  :D  Let me know if you would like to give it a try. Worse case is you get a box of scrambled eggs. You are about 2, maybe 3 days away by UPS ground.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Furby

OWW, I was hoping we could talk Norm and Patty into showing up at SAWLEX with a couple dozen, dozen of those treats! ;D

Paschale

Hey Patty, now that there sounds like it's worth a try!   ;D  Heck, them farm eggs are built tough--they'd survive the trip, don't ya think?   ;D  I wonder what we could do with the refrigeration part of things?   ???  Though I have read that in France and other parts of Europe, they actually store their eggs outside of the refrigerator.   :o  I guess since eggs are airproof, they can survive and be OK even without refrigeration, for a very short period of time, of course.  Anyway, I should suspect it would be OK afterall just so long as they were thoroughly cooked.  Makes one wonder.... smiley_chef_hat

Part_Timer

paschale

You can ship eggs no problem.  If you are worried about the temp just wrap an ice pack in some news print and stick it in the box with the eggs.  just keep it off of the egg carton so they don't freeze.

Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Thank You Sponsors!