iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT-28 Storage

Started by JMoore, September 18, 2012, 04:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMoore

Caveman and I have a LT-28 and it goes through periods of little to no useage. My question is should we store the head in the travel position during these times in between use ?? I never gave it much consideration untill I read the post about trailering long distance and worrying about the single mast thing.
  Thanks, John

submarinesailor

If it is not going to be moved while it is not being used, I would store it with the head all the way up.  We have found out it really helps in keeping the @#$%^&*()@#$%^&*() mice out of the motor.  Thar's what we do with our LT15 anyways.

Bruce

Chuck White

I store my mill with the head lowered onto the rest pin through the winter.

I just lower it solidly onto the pin and the operator side is lowered until it sits on the bolts at the bottom of the mast!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Chuck White

Quote from: submarinesailor on September 18, 2012, 05:42:26 PM
If it is not going to be moved while it is not being used, I would store it with the head all the way up.  We have found out it really helps in keeping the @#$%^&*()@#$%^&*() mice out of the motor.  Thar's what we do with our LT15 anyways.

Bruce

Bruce; John is talking about an LT28, whole different machine than the LT15.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

JMoore

Thanks Bruce and Chuck for the replies that is what I'll do from now on it certainly wont hurt and probably help.Chuck is correct it is quite a bit different than the LT-15.   Thanks again , John

Thank You Sponsors!