iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tossed Green Salad

Started by Magicman, July 24, 2018, 01:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I am "home alone" today waiting for the Computer Geek which also meant that lunch was "on me".  There are plenty of lunch items in the frig but I'm thinking something different.

Shredded Iceberg Lettuce, a Tomato, sliced Baby Carrots, a slice of Ham, a Boiled Egg, Cheese, and topped with Kens Thousand Island Dressing.  Wheat Thins and a glass of Iced Sweet Tea and lunch was born.   food6
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

Leave out the boiled egg, use Ranch instead of TI dressing and you're on. Probably best thing Olive Garden has going for them is their salad and breadsticks. Certainly my favorite  item on their menu.

I have to tell them to leave the dressing on the side as lots of restaurants just drown a good salad in it. 
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Raider Bill

I eat a salad 5 days a week for lunch. I try to change things around some by using different leftovers. Today I had some onion perogis left over so I nuked them and chunked them in with the normal rabbit food.
Give Kens Sweet Videlia onion dressing a try.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

rjwoelk

When trucking i like to change my spaghetti  meal to macaroni meal.  ;D
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

lxskllr

My salads are usually simple, mostly cause I'm lazy. A typical salad is spring mix greens, some olives, Parmesan/Romano cheese, stuffed grape leaves from a can, and black pepper. Dressing is olive oil and balsamic vinegar(the cheap stuff). If I'm feeling fancy, and I have some on hand, I'll grate my own Parmesan. Other stuff may get added if I feel like putting in the effort, but I usually don't.

Biggest problem is my greens going bad before I get to them. I have to guess when I feel like salad, and I usually guess wrong. I wish I could just will them into existence when needed.

luvmexfood

Had some salad the other day with the juice and contents of canned banana peppers poured over it. Large pan of salad for several people. Sure was good. 
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Jeff

I had some French Vanilla salad last night. I used chocolate dressing. It gave me a headache.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

lxskllr

Quote from: Jeff on July 24, 2018, 03:43:14 PM
I had some French Vanilla salad last night. I used chocolate dressing. It gave me a headache.
:^D
I've been using ouzo dressing lately for my vanilla salad. Just a splash. Highly recommended for those who like licorice, and aren't adverse to alcohol.

Magicman

Quote from: Jeff on July 24, 2018, 03:43:14 PM
You ain't right.  
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Been eating fresh lettuce and onion now for a while. Just waiting for maters, peppers, and cukes to ripen. I like fresh garden lettuce on my meat sandwiches along with onion and olive and cheese. ;D

Been eating chard and spinach for a few weeks now. Well it's salady stuff only steamed :D

Hope to have a pot of fresh string beans, potatoes and carrots, cream on them, by the weekend, along with chard on the side.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

I had to Google "chard".   smiley_headscratch

SwampDonkey

It's like beet greens without the beets. Tastes the same anyway. I got beets to, but I do like beet bulbs on the small side, nothing bigger than 2" or so. When ya pickle them, the bigger ones work fine though. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Salad? I'm trying to remember the last time I had one.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

If it is green, Ray, you don't eat it :).  

Women have 5 food groups.  Men have only two.  Meat and salt :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

sawguy21

:D I can't get enough fresh produce, a favorite salad is iceberg lettuce, hard boiled egg, tomato, radish, sweet onion, brown mushrooms, shredded cheese and a vinaigrette dressing. I'll also use beet tops instead of lettuce if available.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Raider Bill

I generally use romaine and some baby spinach.

Magicman

Quote from: Raider Bill on July 24, 2018, 02:20:32 PMGive Kens Sweet Videlia onion dressing a try
OK I did give it a try and the answer from me is NO.  Pat's answer went to the Woodshed.  :-X

Banjo picker

My new favorite salad dressing is Creamy Poppyseed.  That could change by next week. Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

SwampDonkey

Mom makes that poppy seed dressing following an Amish recipe. :)

Raider Bill

Quote from: Magicman on August 22, 2018, 10:24:53 PM
Quote from: Raider Bill on July 24, 2018, 02:20:32 PMGive Kens Sweet Videlia onion dressing a try
OK I did give it a try and the answer from me is NO.  Pat's answer went to the Woodshed.  :-X
I'm thinking Pat's sweet enough already.
Send me the unused portion and I'll use it. :D :D

Magicman

Actually today I splashed on a bit of it along with the Thousand Island and it did very well.  I seldom discard anything that I pay money for.  ::)

WDH

I like a bit of catalina with some ranch squirted on top :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Chuck White

On my tossed salad, I like Classic French dressing with just a smidgin of Louisiana hot sauce!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

After a couple of mentions of Poppyseed Dressing...

I gave this a try today.  It leaned heavily toward the "sweet side" but was good.  I'm still partial to Ken's Thousand Island.

Raider Bill

Thank You Sponsors!