iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

Down here, there ain't no sleeping outside when it gets hot :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Crusarius

lets hope all this rain is washing the salt off the roads so I can get my toys out. Of course it is supposed to snow tomorrow.

Please let them not salt the roads!!!

SwampDonkey

Snow? How come so cold in NY? It's in the 60's here in the day and 40's at night.

WDH, yeah we aren't used to air conditioned houses up here in the north. A fan at most. The old timers never even wanted a fan blowing on them. ;D Just a nice breeze in under the trees or shade of a porch. 8) I find air conditioning too cold. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

21incher

It is snowing again. whiteflag_smiley whiteflag_smiley whiteflag_smileyThis has been one crazy spring. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

thecfarm

I choice to ignore the above post. :(
I had 46° early this morning and fog.and I do mean fog. Now it has burned off and the sun is out for now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

18° this morning and the ground is froze hard as a rock. Neighbor was heading a few miles north and going snowmobiling today.... 

SwampDonkey

The bluebirds are nest building today, so good sign that the cold is over for a few months. ;D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Yes,very nice pictures of the bluebirds. :)
Peepers have been out for a few nights now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Crusarius

I woke up and looked out the window. it looks like frosted mini wheats. I am so done with mud season.

I want summer.

chevytaHOE5674

Ain't seen no bluebird yet. The Robins returned and then people found them dead all over because with the snow and frozen ground they were unable to find food. A neighbor went out with a weed burner and was thawing ground out so that the robins could maybe find a meal...

Bricklayer51

Chevy I have fed the birds at this place for 20 years this is the first the robins eat cracked corn out of the feeder.

pep

Snow. 8" yesterday. +10C today, +19 tomorrow. Still have a couple feet in the bush, and 24"+ on the lakes.  It's been a long winter.  Got close to 3 feet of snow in April 😳
Cheers
Pep
Lucas 827 w/slabbing bar
JD 410B
Wood Wiz Surfacing Attachment

SwampDonkey

I don't understand why the robins would be dying. I've seen them here in the winter time many times and hard frozen ground. They eat more than wiggly bugs. :) The European starling stays here year around, eat pretty much the same stuff as a robin.

Spring of 2008, still over 3 feet of snow in April

chevytaHOE5674

Not sure why but there was some pictures in the paper of dead robins. Underneith my hay the ground is soft and muddy and during our blizzard a week and a half ago every time I moved a bale 3 or 4 robins would appear and pick through the mud.

SwampDonkey

Busy nest building.

Saw a turkey today on the road to the woodlot and also heard the frogs singing in a pond up there.

SwampDonkey

Some more rain for today and 42F this morning. Yesterday was nice and sunny, on the warm side in the afternoon, glad for the breeze. Not long before the apple blossoms and bumble bees. :)

51cub

41 now. Cloudy with rain on and off today. Here the apple trees have broken the buds out, but no blossoms yet. The bees are out, hornets, too. I got stung the other day. Wednesday or Thursday it's supposed to get in the 80s
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

Chuck White

Just 38° and drizzling rain out there!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

curdog

36, this morning with a light frost,  mid mid 70s now. Should be towards the upper 80s by the end of the week . Hopefully the pollen will only last another week or so, everything is yellow ..

SwampDonkey

Saw a bear this evening feeding on the spring greens in a field, just 2-1/2 miles away. :)  Saw bear tracks in the melting snow on the forest road 3 days ago 2 miles from there, left his calling card behind. ;D

thecfarm

Just got home from going to a greenhouse. Somehow we only went to one this time. Mostly flowers,but a 6 pack of green peppers were bought.
The car thermometer read a steady 86° all the way home. :o  One time it read 87°. I guess I can say it got in the high 80's today. ;D That wind is strong too.

SwampDonkey

73F here this afternoon and a stiff SW wind a blowing. Cut and split 1-1/2 cord of firewood and hauled off a mountain of brush. ;D Took the trees down yesterday and hauled some brush off then to.

SwampDonkey

Early evening here and it is now 79F. It's not going to last though, suppose to be in the 50's tomorrow. ;D

Southside

Started off yesterday at 38 deg, by the afternoon it was 83, instant winter to summer in the same day.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

51cub

Last week we needed winter coats. Monday it was 40 and raining. Today I had to open the garage door as soon as I got in to work
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

Thank You Sponsors!