iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lxskllr

Quote from: SwampDonkey on August 28, 2018, 04:23:12 PM
Yes, a little on the roasty side swinging that clearing saw and climbing through blow down for 8 hrs. ;D

84F here now.
You're better than me. Peaked at 94, but it was a light duty day. Still too hot though. I wouldn't want to be swinging a saw.  Tomorrow's supposed to be the same, so I'm taking the day off and getting shocks put on the truck. I'm just about done with this. *Over 90, and I don't work. We can start over next year. Already told the boss half joking, but I was only half joking.
*Unless one of my clients needs something. I take care of them, and in the end, it's the main reason I'm there. All the rest is bonus material afaic.

thecfarm

Warm,warm,warm. 68° this morning.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

goose63

goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

lxskllr

94 again today, but I didn't leave the house aside from taking the truck to the shop. Back was sore today, so on top of the heat, it made a good reason to take off work. It's shaping up to be a 5 day weekend. I'll be stuck at the house, my back hurts, and it's hot, but I guess it could be worse.

SwampDonkey

We got into the high 60's today and pretty much started in the 60's. A bit overcast, so the sun was not bearing down to warm it up. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Not yet, going to be high 80's Monday and a few days there after. 47 and clear out there this morning. Nice flannel shirt weather. :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

curdog

Summer is still here 68 this morning, heading to 90 this afternoon,  everyday in the forecast is pretty much the same. 

thecfarm

Sorry,should of used one of these at the end of summers over. :D It will be back.

lxskllr

Quote from: thecfarm on September 01, 2018, 08:46:40 AM
 :D It will be back.
It always comes back; like herpes. You think you're finally done with it, and there it is. Again... Might take a week, might be a few months, but it always comes back  :^S

I didn't get my six day weekend. Boss picked me up in the semi repaired truck, and I did a little work. By the end of the day, I was ready to leap out of my skin my back was so sore. Truck's back in the shop getting an ac clutch(probably. Can't get good data out my spaz of a boss). When the truck was in last time, the mechanic did /something/ to the ac, and ruined my hack for getting it working, which was dump water on top of the unit. I don't understand ac enough to know what was going on, but I suspect I was making some kind of hydraulic clutch that got it going for awhile. I think the mechanic took it apart, and changed some geometry so that didn't work anymore. That got me angry, and I wanted to know what he did. so I could somehow reverse it. There isn't too much left of summer, and ruining my ac hack made my poor mood worse. So it's back in the shop getting the ac fixed, I hope...

Ya know, broke is broke. I spent most of my life without ac in vehicles, and I can deal without it if I have to. The fact it was a working system that quit working is what's galling. If it simply broke, it's just another one of life's problems. I need to move to Finland or something...

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

We've been lucky here this year with hardly anything to thunderstorms. Over and done with in 30 minutes or less. They all seem to be more distant to. I can remember in 87 thunderstorms every night for 2-3 weeks and for hours each. That year stands out because we had cousins come from BC for a visit. Some folks that live out by Paul H's neighbourhood. :) A few of them have passed away since then, old age does that to ya. ;)

thecfarm

Jeff,most times I get what you guys get for weather. Maybe summer is back. ;D 
I guess I better not put my cooler shirts away.

lxskllr

Went to one of my clients today. It was 90 with probably 70%-80% humidity. I ended up dry heaving  in the weeds. It's a bridge replacement, and they're digging /something/ out of the ground that isn't cool. It's some kind of petrochemical, but doesn't smell like any of the fuels I'm familiar with. Between that stink and the heat, I almost fell out.

On  top of that, I woke up angry. I'm ready for summer to be done. Spring's depressing, and gives me anxiety cause crappy weather's coming. Late summer/fall I get angry cause it won't leave already. I'd give up 80% of my modest pay if I could just buy summer out. I should probably just move, but I know where everything is around here  :^/

Hilltop366

I really dislike the heat.

A friend told me after visiting Ecuador that I should move there, The lower areas are hot but as you go up the mountain it cools off so it is just a matter of picking the right altitude to get the right temperature all year. Its been a while but I think he mentioned that I would like some were between 3000 to 5000 feet.

thecfarm

Summer temps are back. But the wind is blowing.

lxskllr

Quote from: Hilltop366 on September 04, 2018, 06:29:32 PM
I really dislike the heat.

A friend told me after visiting Ecuador that I should move there, The lower areas are hot but as you go up the mountain it cools off so it is just a matter of picking the right altitude to get the right temperature all year. Its been a while but I think he mentioned that I would like some were between 3000 to 5000 feet.

Mountains are nice. I'm always happier in the mountains  :^)

Quote from: thecfarm on September 04, 2018, 06:55:16 PM
Summer temps are back. But the wind is blowing.

And you have cakes!

Happy Birthday!

thecfarm

Darrel

Time: 6:34 PM
Temp: 83° F
Humility: 16% 
Conditions: Dusty

1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

thecfarm

62° this morning. We did have a thunder shower the other night. Not getting many of them this year. Dry here again.

SwampDonkey

All those pine out there in Oregon and not a weed in the soil.  Must be fire out there a lot. ;)

Al_Smith

Rather warm today,93 at 3 pm .

Darrel

Quote from: SwampDonkey on September 05, 2018, 03:19:12 PM
All those pine out there in Oregon and not a weed in the soil.  Must be fire out there a lot. ;)
Very dry and dusty. 12% humidity today and yes, there are lots of fires, none right now but a couple weeks ago it was difficult to breathe. It is kinda nice not having to weed the garden for the first year or two but with irrigation the weeds just somehow appear. On the west side of the cascades, it's a different story. 
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

thecfarm

74°. Not a great time of night to take the mini bush hog,a cheapy push lawn mower and decide to take it out back and mow the land that I had cleared many years ago. Blackberries bushes 2 feet high and many bushes that high too. Yes,I have a bush hog,but way too many rocks to go around and many places a 5 foot bush hog won't even fit through. Also many red oaks trees to go around too.Than many uneven spots,pick it up to go over that and be up in the air 2 feet on the other side. I was doing good on it,but 2 years of being busy,kept me away. Not a good sight there. Looks better with every minute the mini bush hog is used.

thecfarm

50° this morning.  Summer is over. ;D
There was a bad thunder shower,storm,about 45 minutes from me. I had no idea that was going on. Trees down and loss of power,roads blocked off. 

Thank You Sponsors!