iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

98 degrees today.  Tied the all time high temp.  An in mid-September no less :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Darrel

Been cool been cool here in Sprague River, a little bit of frost each morning but the tomatoes are still happily producing in the solar kiln that would otherwise be sitting idle. 
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

WDH

100 degrees here today :).  Crazy. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Sixacresand

Quote from: WDH on September 18, 2018, 07:52:29 PM
100 degrees here today :).  Crazy.
Nothing I have to do is worth me getting sick in this heat.   Spent time inside doing some CAD work and watching milling utube videos. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

DPatton

Quote from: WDH on September 18, 2018, 07:52:29 PM
100 degrees here today :).  Crazy.
That is crazy WDH! I'm more liking the temps Mr SwampDonkey is having. Lucky for you southern boys y'all won't have to worry bout this no grits eating northerner moving south any time soon. Too hot with too many snakes for me.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Hilltop366

We have been having warm and humid weather here for the last few days with a high around 80 inland (warm for me), looks like it will cool off to low to mid 60's for a while. My kind of weather.

thecfarm

I don't think it got above 65° today. The wind was blowing in the morning,made it felt that much colder. Much diffeant now in the temperture department. Has not been this cool even in the mornings for a while.
Heats on.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

lxskllr

Day started fairly warm, but cooled off a bit with a breeze, and the sun never came out. Starting to feel more like fall. Got my desktop setup with falling leaves. It's more aspirational at this point. Still isn't really fall, but if I close my eyes, I can smell it coming  :^)

Listening to some mellow music with a glass of Sagamore rye

SwampDonkey

Monday and Tuesday was hot, been cool since Wednesday, got the heat on. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

Only got to 94 degrees here today :)

rjwoelk

Light drizzel all night. Then the snow started around 0800. It has been of and on since.  Roof is white but the ground is too warm for it to stay.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

SwampDonkey

Suppose to be upper 20's tonight, first hard freeze of the year. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

curdog

Sitting in the upper 80s here today, sunny and humid.. hopefully fall weather will find its way here soon 

thecfarm

Seems more like fall in the mornings here now. Yesterday the wind blew,kinda on the cool side.
36° here this morning. Have not seen it that cold for a while. Just normal temp for this time of year.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

pep

It's coming!!!  3C this morning and light snow. Not staying on the ground yet😳
Cheers
Pep
Lucas 827 w/slabbing bar
JD 410B
Wood Wiz Surfacing Attachment

Bandmill Bandit

0 degrees this morning with 6" + of snow on the ground. And still snowing. this is the second round of this in the last 3 weeks. Only about 40% of the crops are in the bin. It is not a pretty situation in this part of the world. 
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

lxskllr

Rain. What a shocking surprise. This has been the wettest summer I've ever seen. Worst part is it hasn't gotten me out of much work. It's mostly nighttime and weekend rain  :^S  Oh, well. Could be worse. Temps have gone down a bit, and it's currently ~64. I like that. If it were dry, I'd be outside removing my dead cherry. A couple hottish days coming up this week(with more rain!), but woodcutting weather's almost here.

Darrel

Rained last night, but only enough to polka dot the dust. 
1992 LT40HD

lxskllr

What a surprise! It's raining again! It is somewhat a surprise. It's weekday raining, so I took the day off to listen to music and spend quality time with the cat. It doesn't usually rain on weekdays(between 7am and 4pm).

Woodcutter_Mo

It's trying to cool off here. Low 70's for highs and 50's for lows. It rained and misted on and off for most of the weekend. 
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

Darrel

1992 LT40HD

lxskllr

Quote from: lxskllr on September 24, 2018, 08:38:32 AM
What a surprise! It's raining again! It is somewhat a surprise. It's weekday raining, so I took the day off to listen to music and spend quality time with the cat. It doesn't usually rain on weekdays(between 7am and 4pm).
It's been a great day! Overcast and cool. Listening to the classical station, and a couple glasses of brandy. If I had thought of it, I might have gone on a hike, but it's probably still too buggy for that. Soon...

chevytaHOE5674

Been in the 30s and 40's at night and 40-50's during the day. Rain rain and more rain. Definitely fall weather UP here.

thecfarm

lxskllr

Rain. Again... And hotter. This time without the fun and games. I went to work today, but got diverted from my main client to some "rush" job. Turned out the rush wasn't such a rush, and by the time I got to my main job, it was raining hard. Had I gone there in the first place it would have been done. Kind of ticked me off.

Thank You Sponsors!