iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finished my homebuilt mill, finally.

Started by chevytrucking, November 14, 2017, 04:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chevytrucking

I joined this forum years ago and started a sawmill. Got frustrated with not having a shop, so parked the project and focused on that for a long time. Still not done, but finally got back to the mill project. Here's a first look...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7JYq2b82oU
Self Made Knives on Facebook and Instagram
Youtube channel is www.youtube.com/c/SelfMadeProject

Kbeitz

Good first cut... I know you'r all smiles... Dream night tonight...
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

hopm

nice
i would really appreciate a detail of your clamps....could tell enough from the video i could gain alot with my mill with that set up

drobertson

very nice,, nuff said, man o man, you got it done!  this is killer for sure,,I have some ideas but will leave them here, no doubt you will figure this one out,, happy, happy, happy! for you!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

slider

Glad you got your mill and shop together. Not going pc on you but get some guards on your mill before you have company. You don't want anyone standing around when a band breaks.
al glenn

scully

I envy all you guys that took that step to build your own mill . The talent shown is always a pleasure to see . For someone just wanting to be able to mill his own stuff this is a dream come true . Well done and happy sawing !
I bleed orange  .

Magicman

Wow, 7 years is a long time to stay quiet.  Congrats on the sawmill and 1st Cut. 

Add your location to your profile so that we will know.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

chevytrucking

Thanks guys. I filled out my profile too. I joined this forum and read everything I could back then, started a mill project and got side tracked big time. After years of sitting, I pulled it out of mothballs and finally finished it. It's not perfect, made on the cheap with mostly re-purposed materials. But, it does make lumber! Still learning, but having fun so far. I'm working on a second video that goes into the details of how it's made, coming soon.
Self Made Knives on Facebook and Instagram
Youtube channel is www.youtube.com/c/SelfMadeProject

OffGrid973

Great build and great first video.  Love the setup getting the chainsaw going to start the process.
Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

justallan1

Looks like a great job to me.
Thanks for the video.

thecfarm

You should be happy!!
I have log stops that go straight up and down too. I put inch marks on mine. 4 inches is really 3½ and 6 inches is really 5½ and so on. Meaning when I set my saw to cut 6 inches,I know I have a ½ to clear the log stop when I have it set at 6 inches. Really helps out when I am cutting flitches.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Savannahdan

Congratulations on completing the mill and the shop.  Enjoyed the video.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

gww

Like to see how you are doing your guide.  I really like cutting cedar.  Sure is pretty coming off your saw.
Nice done vidio.
Cheers
gww

brianb88

Measure twice, cut once

Thank You Sponsors!