iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whats Fuel Prices In Your Area?

Started by GF, July 08, 2005, 08:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Well, it seems there has been a rise in oil volumes by rail once again over the past year. The trouble with the rail scenario is prices are too volatile for a refiner to commit long term. It could be profitable for a few months, then they are back to overseas oil. If you have to buy tanker cars they are looking to put them into service for 30 years ,not 3. So the infrastructure in rail is not likely to grow capacity. ;)

Price at the pump is 1.25/litre and the prime minister charges us another 4.5% since April of this year, a necessary commodity for any working person, and calls it climate action. I call it for what it is, it's BS. I'm burning just as much gas as I ever did. I don't see it changing as long as they have it for sale.

We're being charged for an idea dreamed up by someone in another nation. And the dreamer isn't paying any of that tax. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Andries

In the middle of Canada, Winnipeg, gas is at $1.11 per litre.
A few observations:
1.) Years ago, it was getting more and more difficult to build pipelines. First Nations objections, species at risk, climate changes accords, endless etc.  etc.
2.) Warren Buffet bought Burlington Northern Railroads about 10? years ago. Hmmmm?
3.) I'm seeing an endless line of shiny new tanker cars carrying Alberta oil to points East.
Conclusion: Buffet can connect the dots better than most. 😆 $$$ 😆 
I'm gonna guess that he makes a bit more money than most of us sawmilling types.

LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

gspren

How does diesel price compare between New York and Ontario/Quebec? Later this month a few of us are going on a walleye trip to the Kipua area entering Canada from I-81 NY. My PU has a 65 gal tank so should I fill up in NY or wait until in Canada?
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

SwampDonkey

According to the rails they aren't jumping on the band wagon with both feet. Crude is only 3% of their business and their is no one making long term contracts. The new rail cars you see is because of laws that govern their use. They had to replace the old warn out stuff. And there is a lot of politics over pipelines, especially new ones, both nationally and internationally.

Railways mull crude opportunity as pipelines face political pressure - BNN Bloomberg

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

lxskllr

I don't think there's ever a good reason to buy fuel in Canada if it can be had from the US.

SwampDonkey

It's more expensive up here for sure, all the taxes on it.

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: ljohnsaw on April 27, 2019, 07:57:48 PM
Just paid $3.819 for 19.8 gallons or $75+! :-\
Prices have plummeted ::) over the summer.  Down to $3.33/gal for regular and 15ยข bump per grade.  Guess its time to fill up all my gas cans for working up the hill.  Diesel is hanging around $3.90/gal.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

hopm

SC 2.19 regular
Diesel 2.52
Kind of interesting I saw driving across state regular as high as 2.59 and diesel at 3.15. I don't understand the variations. I was in Ohio last week and diesel was 4 cent less than regular. Go figure......

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: hopm on August 04, 2019, 10:50:12 PMI don't understand the variations.
I don't see the reason, either.  I see up to 60 cents variation in just a few miles.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Woodpecker52

Woodmizer LT-15, Ross Pony #1 planner, Ford 2600 tractor, Stihl chainsaws, Kubota rtv900 Kubota L3830F tractor

Iwawoodwork

filled up diesel today here in Oregon and diesel and gas the same at $2.85.9 and had my slip tank for off road filled(diesel) for $2.52 a gallon. and we don't have to get diesel on our hands, Oregon still has people employed to pump our fuel, really like that during our wet,rainy,windy winters

hopm

on a brighter note i filled up today for 2.53 and got the best mileage I ever got in my truck....13.4 mpg 8)

Chuck White

Gas, here in Russell is $2.919 for 87oct.

Gas is slightly higher in Canton.  Several stations and more competition there!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

I think in northern Maine it is $2.79/gallon, won't know until Saturday when I go down to Patten for bean hole dinner.

SwampDonkey

I can see something coming down the pipes now from Ottawa. This $4000 purchase tax on trucks and SUV's they are mulling over recently, currently not implemented but in discussions. Hmmm and the $5000 rebate for new EV vehicles, which they are disappointed in has not caused the big uptick in EV sales. EV is only 5.6% of sales, so they are finding new ways to double down. Along with the Canadian 'clean fuel standard', lowering carbon in fossil fuels.

Furnace oil is CDN$7.80/USG today (nearly $2000 to fill a 250 gallon oil tank), diesel is CDN$8.50/USG, regular gas is CDN$6.70/USG.  :o

thecfarm

$4.19 a gallon. Took some looking for that. Most are $4.29.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

And tomorrow Ottawa adds another 4.5% X 15% = 0.52% actual on top of that price

snowstorm

all the fuel in maine comes from canada. the inside word is its dropping $.40 a gal soon. diesel yesterday was 5.09 gas 4.10 the price for heating oil listed on there website 4.80 where i get it. the truck was here yesterday. i asked the price 4.40 . he didnt know the rack price because he hadn't filled the truck since last week. my guess is they still had some higher priced fuel on board

SwampDonkey

We had a one day drop in price because of price drop at NY harbour barge price, but jumped back higher today to make up for that drop. We have an 'interrupter clause' in regs that means price at pump moves if a 4 cent jump either way at the NY harbour barge price. I wouldn't hold for any price drop, it went up at NY harbour barge price a few hours after the drop. $3.18 to $3.30, this morning it is showing another drop, 0.14 already, but it's early. The site I watch updates every 15 mins.

New York Harbor RBOB Gasoline Front Month Futures price information - FT.com

snowstorm

my imfo came from the fuel guy that works for the company you luv to hate 

SwampDonkey

The price is going the other way now, up.

hacknchop

All our gas stations here are switching to prepay , I was in line waiting my turn and the guy in front of me tells the girl at the till "$10.00 regular on pump #2 please" she says to him "$10.00 how far is that going to get you?", "pump #4 " he says.
Often wrong never indoubt

Al_Smith

Yesterday it was between $3.96 to $4.09 depending on the locations .I can easily go a month on all three vehicles combined so it doesn't affect me much .During the summer I'd say the mower uses more gas than all three combined 

21incher

Remember that we are dumping  our strategic oil reserves at this time to keep prices lower until  the midterms. That will be empty by the end of the year at the rate we are going. It's  going  to be a hard heating season for many if things don't  change to up American production.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Thank You Sponsors!