iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wright's Law

Started by Jeff, December 31, 2012, 08:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I thought others may find what I found in this Video. :)

http://youtu.be/9bSu_Snlbsw
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Slab Slicer

Even a great teacher can learn something from the most unlikely people.

If you wren't going for something so deep. I noticed the school name is the Louisville MALE school?
2016 LT35HDG25, Kubota L2501 w/ FEL, Kubota BX1500 w/FEL and custom skidding rig, Stihl MS 500i, Stihl MS362-25", Stihl MS250-20", Stihl MS192-18",  2001 F250 SD 7.3, GMC Sierra Dually 6.0 gasser, Peaqua 16" 10K trailer, Sur-Trac 12' Dump Trailer 10K
Chuck

martyinmi

Thanks Jeff. My son will be watching that teacher in the morning.

No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

Jeff

Quote from: Slab Slicer on December 31, 2012, 08:38:22 PM

If you wren't going for something so deep. I noticed the school name is the Louisville MALE school?
Nope, not the point at all. :)

pigman

Jeff, you could make a video of your close neighbor and call it Steve's law.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

sandhills

Thanks Jeff, and Happy New Year.  :)

redbeard

Thank you for sharing that wonderful story.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Slab Slicer

Quote from: Jeff on December 31, 2012, 08:59:51 PM
Quote from: Slab Slicer on December 31, 2012, 08:38:22 PM

Nope, not the point at all. :)

Didn't think so, but I was covering both bases.

Great Father, Great Teacher, and a Great Man in my book. Thank you for posting it Jeff.
2016 LT35HDG25, Kubota L2501 w/ FEL, Kubota BX1500 w/FEL and custom skidding rig, Stihl MS 500i, Stihl MS362-25", Stihl MS250-20", Stihl MS192-18",  2001 F250 SD 7.3, GMC Sierra Dually 6.0 gasser, Peaqua 16" 10K trailer, Sur-Trac 12' Dump Trailer 10K
Chuck

shinnlinger

As a teacher and a parent I am so touched by this I am beyond words.  Sure there are "weak links" in the educational system(where are there not?), but there are so many more teachers that care so much and put so much of themselves into their craft.   This video touches on that very well.  Thanks Jeff for all you do! 

Dave
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

fishpharmer

Inspiring!  Thank you.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Trahlin

Thank you!  This video hit my "reset priorities" button.  I needed that!  Peace be with you.
You only truly fail, when you fail to TRY!

Shotgun

It is a great video, Jeff, and thanks for sharing it.  My feeling is, "love trumps".  It's interesting to me that Mr. Wright hugs and touches his students.  They're making it sort of a no-no in these times, and I can sort of understand that movement, but touching certainly enhances teaching in many cases.  We're too regulated in that way, as well.  His support for his students and their apt attention certainly says something.

Tell us what you saw in it.

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Jeff

Quote from: Shotgun on January 02, 2013, 01:21:42 PM

Hope, Wisdom, Love, Understanding and Joy.

pineywoods

Quote from: Shotgun on January 02, 2013, 01:21:42 PM
It is a great video, Jeff, and thanks for sharing it. 

Norm

Ditto what shotgun says, thanks. I can look at this video from 2 different views, one as a parent of perfectly normal kids and grandkids. Makes me grateful for what I have, and what parenting or teaching is really all about.  The other view is that of a caregiver, and it inspires me to try to do a better job every day and look for and appreciate the good things..

I'll bet, I'm not the only caregiver on here..
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Thank You Sponsors!