iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

chainsaw pants

Started by redneck logger, January 19, 2010, 07:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chevytaHOE5674

I wear my viking calked rubber boots with liners in them daily all winter. I like not sliding around when walking on logs and on snowy/icy hills. And should I happen to get bitten by the chainsaw I hopefully won't loose a toe (like a coworker who cut through his leather boot just behind the steel toe cap).

Lud

Chaps were making my pants ride down too.  My fix was a couple  of 3", maybe 4" spring clamps so I could attach 'em to my overalls or jeans and suspenders so the straps help keep them up. 

I guess if I had more but and less gut they might stay up better but ,  oh well,  the wife's a good cook and I'd hate to hurt her feelings, right? :D :D
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

timberjack240

im 21 and i wear suspenders whe im cuttin down ;D . i wear carhart loggers. double knee jeans get heavy when there wet . also they have a long crotch suspenders keep em up a lil bit you can go thru the brush better makes  abig diff till the end of the day

GRANITEstateMP

I got a new pair of boots while I was getting my new chaps at Labonville.  The boots are leather w/ kevlar and I belive you can stud them (or get them studed).  The best part was they are made for Labonville by a company out of PA.  It's getting hard to find footwear made in this country anymore, heck most of LL Beans footwear is even imported now.

Matt
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Woodhog

QuoteI got a new pair of boots while I was getting my new chaps at Labonville.  The boots are leather w/ kevlar and I belive you can stud them (or get them studed).  The best part was they are made for Labonville by a company out of PA.  It's getting hard to find footwear made in this country anymore, heck most of LL Beans footwear is even imported now.

Matt

Do you think those boots are well made. I see they have a nice scuff protector on the toe and they are the only leather boots that would be any good for chainsaw operators as they have the chainsaw protection built in as you say.

Also the price seems quite reasonable compared to those stinky old rubber duck feet boots.

Do they have a lining in them??

http://www.labonville.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=80&idcategory=243

GRANITEstateMP

Woodhog,

They don't have too much of a liner in them, nothing thats gonna keep you warm for sure.  The only other hitch with the boots is they run a little large size wise.  I normally take a 10 1/2 and I belive I ended up with a 9 1/2 or a 10!

Matt
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Thank You Sponsors!