iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Herbicides

Started by rstylr, May 19, 2010, 07:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rstylr

It's getting very hard for the average person to obtain herbicides in Ontario due to the ban for cosmetic use? Can a woodlot owner get a certificate to obtain both selective and not selective herbicides?

Ron Scott

If one takes the required training and gets certified by its regulatory governing body to be a certified herbicide applicator. You will need to follow your local regulatory procedures etc.
~Ron

nas

try asking at your local farm supply.  They should be able to tell you.  Farmers can still get most products as far as I know.
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Magicman

I did not renew my "Private Applicator Certificate" this year.  I found that I could buy any herbicides that I may need to control unwanted vegetation without it.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

John Mc

Quote from: Magicman on May 23, 2010, 02:14:36 PM
I did not renew my "Private Applicator Certificate" this year.  I found that I could buy any herbicides that I may need to control unwanted vegetation without it.

Here in Vermont, about the only thing you can apply without a license is Glyphosphate (RoundUp). I believe we also don't have a "Private Applicator" certificate, so if you want to do anything beyond RoundUp, you have to take the commercial exam.

John Mc
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

PineNut

Renewed my certificate a couple of weeks ago. Usually don't need it but occasionally it helps. Any way I am good for another 5 years.

Magicman

Quote from: John Mc on May 23, 2010, 07:29:27 PM
I believe we also don't have a "Private Applicator" certificate,John Mc 

Your county "Extension Office" would be in charge of that, or at least would know.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!