iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Little Sawing in North Georgia

Started by Ga Mtn Man, February 22, 2013, 10:34:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ga Mtn Man

Here are some pics of a mobile job I did last week:

First log on loader arms ready to start a day of sawing. 8)  A beautiful winter day in N. GA, 32°F at 8 a.m. (I believe there was a blizzard happening up north that day ;))  These were pine and poplar logs, some were 36"+ DIB.

Sawing 1x6 SYP.  Got 90 boards from one of these logs.

Three cants ready to flip.  Hydraulics are a marvelous thing!

Customer/off-bearer/slave ;D struggling to keep up with the TK.

Three 6" cants and still a ton of side lumber to edge.  I hates edging >:(.

One worn-out customer.  I'm pretty sure he had no idea what he was in for.  They never do.   He was, however, very pleased with the almost 3000 bd-ft of lumber he ended up with. :) 

"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Wow.....Good pics Paul! It looks like it all came together.  :)

Your customer sure looks "POOPED".  :D

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

SPD748

Nice indeed! Perhaps I should look into a bandmill :)

-lee
Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: SPD748 on February 22, 2013, 12:12:19 PM

-lee

:o :o :o :o :o  smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw :o :o :o :o :o

Woodkiller

Well done Paul. The dumb end of the mill is a LOT of work.

Ga Mtn Man

-lee

Now why would you want to stoop down to our level? smiley_clown
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Magicman

Nice whack of logs and lumber and also a nice trick you are doing with the cants.   ;D  I love that size sawjob.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ga Mtn Man

Quote from: Magicman on February 22, 2013, 01:30:54 PM
...and also a nice trick you are doing with the cants.   ;D 

Thanks MM.  Some old-timer taught me that.  I think his name was Musicman ...er sumthin' like that anyway. :)

customsawyer

Nice pics. It looks like the customer's get up and go has got up and went.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Larry

Looks like a great job with a happy but tired customer.  Its good when everything clicks. :)
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

SPD748

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on February 22, 2013, 12:40:50 PM

-lee

:o :o :o :o :o  smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw :o :o :o :o :o
Quote from: Ga Mtn Man on February 22, 2013, 01:19:31 PM

-lee

Now why would you want to stoop down to our level? smiley_clown

Hey... if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!  :D

-lee
Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

Tom the Sawyer

Don't work the off-bearer too hard, he is usually the one with your pay in his pocket!  :laugh:
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Tom the Sawyer on February 22, 2013, 05:30:57 PM
Don't work the off-bearer too hard, he is usually the one with your pay in his pocket!  :laugh:

Tom....I may put that on a sign and hang it near the mill.  :D :D :D

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ga Mtn Man

Quote from: WDH on February 22, 2013, 10:16:56 PM
Man, those were some fine logs!

They were indeed.  A couple of them really pushed the limits of the 2000 size-wise. 

Ga Mtn Man

That's good advise and perhaps a topic for another thread.  A newbie sawyer has so many questions...

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

TimGA

Paul,   Nice job, how far did you have to go?   How long did it take?   We have had some nice weather.
                                          Tim
TK2000, Kubota L3130GST, grapple, pallet forks, 2640 Massey w/loader (The Beast) Husky saws Logrites One man operation some portable most stationary.

Ga Mtn Man

It was 70 miles one way.  I was there two days, but that includes some time spent moving additional logs (not shown in pics) with my logging arch.

Ga Mtn Man

Quote from: Ga Mtn Man on February 23, 2013, 09:06:38 AM

That's good advise and perhaps a topic for another thread.  A newbie novice sawyer has so many questions...
:P

Thank You Sponsors!