iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Barn Photos (Interior and Exterior) sil vous plez

Started by SwampDonkey, December 01, 2005, 03:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Ok, lets have some photos of your barns.

This is my uncle John's barn. He used to store potatoes in it also under the lower roofed section. Father had a similar barn that he sold, also used to store potatoes in it. The neighbor next door has a barn also similar. This was a popular type of barn built in my area in the 50's-60's.

Pretty nice day today, sun shining, no snow and about 50 F on December first. Too bad it wouldn't stay like this till May 1st :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

slowzuki

Bad pic of it but it is the same style barn and was built in the tobique.  Was floated to grand-falls area and lived there for years, in 1940 or so it was disassembled and floated down to Mactaquac area to replace a burned down barn.

It is still standing strong but 3 years of no cattle in the basement is ruining the foundation due to frost.

Ken

SwampDonkey

Great grandpa's barn (1960's) on dad's mother's side of the family. I think it was built in the late 1800's (1885-1890  ??? ) This was when dad's uncle took over the farm and let things kinda slide. Great granddad took proper care of stuff when he worked the farm. Later dad bought the place. Anyway this was the style of barn back then. We had 3 of these old barns that dad had to tear down, he was done milking in the 70's when the milk marketing board squeezed the little dairy farmer out of the market. I remember big fields of lovely hay you could get lost in. The hey now doesn't seem to be as tall, maybe it's just that I grew taller.  ??? ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!