iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Processor Build, Home Made Firewood Processor

Started by Higgo, June 19, 2014, 11:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Higgo

Good idea Lopet. I'll get some 12x12 square stock and weld it around the roller to give it some 'tread'!

North River Energy

If you're adding some tooth to the roll, consider shaping it some to center the logs as they feed.
Keep up the good work.

Higgo

Sorry for the lack of updates lately, progress has somewhat stalled due to time constraints! I seem to always have a lot of engineering work and little spare time and resources to spend on the project. Anyway, about to make a start on some hydraulic work in the coming weeks... spare time permitting!

gaproperty

Man there is some awesome builds.  I have a welder and if I get time I will try to build one myself. Until then I am doing things manually but use my kubota for hauling and moving wood.  Darn snow has put a damper on my operations these days but still at it.  You can look at my operations at http://www.youtube.com/c/LostCaper

Ray
lostcaper.com
youtube.com/c/LostCaper

Tony01

Hi guys newbie to the forum but been selling and cutting firewood for 5 years time to build a processor of my own as cant afford the $60 000 au for a basic processor in my gallery are the  pics of the motor and saw i will be using for the build set up on a trailer i am yet to build still getting all components together before the build begins  BTW i cant post my pics to this post as they are in jpg form and the post dont allow that to post

lopet

Welcome to the forum. 
What's your saw off ?   
Always curious  to see other home made models.
It looks like Higgo had a pretty good start but somehow lost steam. :)
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Tony01

Hultdins Super Saw 550 S    its a grabble saw

Higgo

Hi guys,

A short update from a few months ago. @lopet you're right! I did lose some steam (albeit compounded by some extremly slow suppliers of a critical part!) 

So...

I finally received a gearbox component that I ordered on at the very start of May 2017 and received.... wait for it.... in February 2018!

Basically a splitter shaft for the NP205 transfer case I'm using (splits the driveshafts for the pump and wheels)

Without going into to much other detail I also had some pretty significant "life milestones" I got out of the way! 

However, I'm hoping I'll have some time toward the end of this year to do the final works on the machine.

**Pro tip**

Despite wanting to give up and fearing loosing my money on the parts I had ordered I stuck it out and eventually received them. I ignored advice from other forums about the manufacturer because they were the only person offering the parts. In hindsight I should have listened.... none the less I now have the parts I need to complete the pump drive!

A post on assembling the driveshaft splitter box is coming up!

Heres a couple of pics of the parts:

A pic of the shaft itself (boot for size comparison - yes I know it needs replacing!):

A post on assembling the driveshaft splitter box is coming up!

Lets hope these parts go together.... 8)

TeaW

TeaW

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

hedgerow

Higgo
Good to see you back hope that transfer case works like you want it to. 

Thank You Sponsors!