iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

IQAN Issue-2001 Fabtek 153 with 240 head

Started by Paul L, July 20, 2018, 02:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul L

I've been working on an issue with a 2001 Fabtek 153 with a 240 head. In the first few minutes of running the machine when you go to lower the main boom it will slam down a couple feet and then the main boom function will stop working for a couple seconds. When you go to the IQAN screen and look at the voltage output that it's supposed to be sending to the coil it reads fine 990-1100 mA. However when you measure the current and voltage at the coil while the boom has stopped functioning you get absolutely nothing. After the couple seconds of it not getting any current at the coil, everything goes back to normal and it works fine fro the rest of the day! I've tested through the harness from the IQAN to the valve bank and everything checks out, coils are fine, joystick are smooth so all I'm left with is the IQAN MG module itself! I talked with Wayne Ocker, knowledgeable CAT guy from WI and he seems to thing the same that it's an issue with the IQAN he told me that CAT offers an update kit to replace the obsolete IQAN MG system for $15k, obviously that is something I'd like to avoid so I'm looking to you guys for any advice!

bushmechanic

Well Paul L it seems like you have covered all the electrical bases to your issue. Your best bet now in the trouble shooting phase would be to find another working machine and swap the computers to confirm that it is the Iqan. I know that that is not always possible so you may have to keep using it until something gets worse. Oh wait, that machine should have IPS boxes to convert the signals from the joysticks to the control valve, you may have an issue with one of those. I have had a lot of trouble with connections in the bottom of those boxes.

Paul L

This machine does not have any ips boxes, it's a generation new than that I believe. The joysticks input directly into the IQAN MG unit. I would love to have a test or replacement MG unit, but unfortunately that's the hang up, I don't have access to any that have the same programming.

Skeans1

Skeans1

Quote from: Paul L on July 22, 2018, 09:01:48 AM
This machine does not have any ips boxes, it's a generation new than that I believe. The joysticks input directly into the IQAN MG unit. I would love to have a test or replacement MG unit, but unfortunately that's the hang up, I don't have access to any that have the same programming.
Paul where is this machine located?

Paul L

Machine is located in VT, I'll check with superior parts.

Paul L

Superior Parts didn't have anything and I tried the folks at Skidmore, they referred me to Carl Schrubbe at Joral, I'm not quite sure why they did because his wheelhouse is more the CLC stuff. I think I've found an MG unit, and maybe someone to program it for me, but it definitely would be better to find a pre-programmed MG to at least try. 

Paul L

Just wanted to refresh this thread in case anyone had any other ideas of people to contact or other trouble shooting things to try, I'm open to nay other suggestions!

Thank You Sponsors!