iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kinda would be nice

Started by EZ, May 31, 2004, 07:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ

Dont know if this is right to say, but I was just wondering. Being there is alot of members on the forum, I was wondering if we could take up a collection for Jeff B to get a mill.
Thanks for the find job, Jeff.
EZ

Danny_S

I have an old bearing left over here I can send....... ;)    Oh, wait, here is a 15/16" snap ring.... its broke but I will send it too....
Plasma cutting at Craig Manufacturing

smwwoody

I'll kick in an old guide roller and a few other spare parts

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

EZ

Gee, I thought I would just ask.
EZ

FeltzE

I've got some broke blades, and some belts, Maybe even a 125 hp electric motor...

Buzz-sawyer

I think you guys are on the wrong track for Jeff,
If you want to send him broken sawmill stuff it ought to be ROUND...like a broken swinger, MD or double cut....... ;) ;) ;D
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Danny_S

OK - ok....  I have a brand new package of nylon ties.. from the dollar store I can pitch in... ;)

Jeff

Geez, I'm feelin so special. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bibbyman

I got a couple of sets of worn V-belts. :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

EZ

Well, so much for this idea.
EZ

Jeff

EZ Gets a Whackulator for trying to do the impossible. :)

Frickman

Sounds like you guys want to build Jeff a mill like Johny Cash built a Cadillac, one piece at a time.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

dail_h

I got a coupla old flat belt pulleys,ans a broke dog holder
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

iain

i got a wm and they dont break do they ;)
so i cant send any useful junk ;D
would you like everybody to bring there mill donations to the roast maybe as a kind of enterance fee ;)

Danny_S

Sorry EZ, I started it all with the smart ash answer.

Jeff certainly does do a great job here, it is alot of fun. If'n there was some sorta hat be'in passed I would certainly toss in my 2 cents worth...  That would be about 3 cents american..... :D

Percy

:D :D :D :DHowd I miss this thread :D :D :DIm thinkin EZ was serious :D :D :D Ya got a big heart EZ, thats cool, ;D ;DWhat kind of mill you have in mind EZ?? Jeff is used to production and collects old stuff, soooooo mebey one of them two man, 6 foot long, to-me-to-you units ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Norm

EZ you do have a big heart. :) I'd be happy to kick in some for one. We all know that Jeff works hard to keep a nice place to visit and I've often thought it would be nice to repay him in some way.

I thought of some of the ways to do this and have a couple of ideas. One would be to have a member that's tight with a manufacturer to ask if they'd be willing to sell one at cost. The PR and free advertising would certainly be worth it for them. Most of us that work with wood either sawing or building with it could either donate some wood or something built from it for sale in the commerce section to put in the kitty. If it's easier to just send a check or spare change out of your piggybank that would work.

This is a suggestion not an edict..just my thoughts on it.

etat

've got a dang good motor and transmission outa a 93 ford ranger I could kick in. Just had it serviced and a new timing belt and plugs and wires right afore it got totaled a few years ago.
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Stump Jumper

I can throw in a good used blade and the manual blade engagement lever off of a wm.  Since I went to an automatic engager. :D :D
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Swede

I have a bad Atlas Copco VT4 E outside. 16" wheels and good high profile tires not leaking. The air in them is more than 5 years.
If I cange the air it can be a good  GreenMizer,  or?  ;D

Swede.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

EZ

Well I'm glade some of you came around. I was figuring a manual band mill. I like Norms idea about sending a check to a manufactor if they would agree to it. I would really like to get this going for Jeff.
Donations would be up to you.
Thanks guys and gals.
EZ

smwwoody

Neet Idea

I'd be in for real

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

iain

any one counting the bits do it add up to a mill yet?
dont want to spoil him by sending to much :D

Patty

I do believe we have a few sawmill sponsors on the forum. If one could maybe set up a kitty, we could send our spare change in to them. I'm guessing it wouldn't take long to get enough cash to get Jeff his new mill.  :)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Danny_S

I totally agree, I would certainly give what I could. We will have to see if Jeff can talk to one of the dealers to set this up !!! heehhe...

Sorry I started this topic off badly, I didnt think it would go all haywire...  I could tell EZ was not impressed.  :-/

Mark M

beenthere

The thoughts are good, and the recipient deserving of our support. However, with several mill sponsors, favoring one over another may be rough to take for the others, or we could end up with a 'shoot-out' and only one 'mill' standing in the end. :) Sponsorship from the others after that might be a bit on the cold side.  This could turn out to be 'great' advertising for one sponsor at the expense of the others.
Maybe we should consider an alternative, so all the sponsors 'win', and maybe the sponsors' would have some suggestions for us.
Just a thought for us. I am all for showing our appreciation for Jeff's (and Tammy's) hard work and thoughtfullness (and there are others, like Tom, that work hard at this forum as well) in some form or other.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Bro. Noble

I agree with 'Beenthere'.  We need to keep the sponsers happy.  They are already showing their appreciation to Jeff and the other administrators as well as the forum members by sponsering this forum.

I am all for showing appreciation by the members as well.  Maybe someone can think of an appropriate way.

I know with Jeff's interest in forestry/sawmilling collectables and also some of the really neat woodwork some of the members do,  it shouldn't be too hard to think of some way to show your appreciation individually if you are of a mind to.  I've been wracking my brain to think of some kind of junk to send home with him the next time he visits ;D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

iain

how much "interesting" stuff you got collected jeff?
do you need a purpose built display acre attached to your house?

Jeff

EZ, it was great of you to call me this week and a real pleasure to talk to you.

Folks, it never ceases to amaze me the way the forestry forum has reached out and pulled this group together. I was just writing to another forum friend about this. I count the forum members as my personal friends but what truly honors me is that many of you count me as your friend. A thread like this with EZ's suggestion is something that is just beyond what I could imagine. Just knowing that it would even be suggested is more meaningful to me then a mill could ever be.

Having said that, I need to say that I believe Noble and Beenthere are on track with the posts they have made. I do not see how I could accept such an honor. I think it would be great to have a portable mill. In fact I really would like to have one but the problem is I don't think I ever could choose one to buy, and if I did it would torment me because I would want to post about it all the time. This I think would not be fair to the sponsors of this site that are so great. I think that if I had a mill, no matter what color, that it could somehow effect the forum. That would be unthinkable for me. The forum is all about you folks. Not me. I work for you. The forum is not about what kind of mill you have. Its about its members and the help and friendship they give to one another.

I thought maybe I will probably have to invent a bandsaw/circle mill/swing blade/water jet hybrid to have for myself . :)  

E.Z, and all the other members that I know are out there in the back ground on this, I thank you for your thoughtfulness and really appreciate the idea but I think for the future greatness of the forum, I will have to live out my sawmill fantasys through your mills. If I need to saw some logs I sure know who I can call. :)

Thanks again everybody.

shopteacher

Phew, glad you ain't into accepting gifts Jeff. ::)  Was considering offering you my new saw, but now see I don't have too and still be appreciated. ;D  I did get that little package from Richmond off to ya today so probably Monday you'll get that special gift I was telling ya about. Here's a pic of the 2 man it's a Rockwell 6017 with #8 Atkins handles and  cardboard sheath.  Unused.

Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Jeff

HEY! I said Sawmill SAWMILL!!!  I still like ta get stuff. ;)

Wow, thats one cool saw.

EZ

It was great to talk to you also, Jeff. You are a very intelligent Man.
EZ

Thank You Sponsors!