iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What an awesome day!

Started by Pete J, June 16, 2004, 06:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete J

Kevin and I traded places today behind the controls of the Wood-Mizer 40. We cut through two huge oak logs that were almost too big to mill. Kevin had to cut some slabs off the butt end of the largest one just so the blade could squeek by. It felt good to have someone tailing boards off the mill while I was cutting away.

Truth be told, I was much, much slower at producing board footage off the mill than Kevin, but I learned a ton!

What a blast!

WV_hillbilly

And you didn't take any pics ?  We like to see pics of others in action and the pile of boards afterward .
Hillbilly

oakiemac

Don't breath in too much sawdust, you'll have to attend meetings for Anonymous Sawdust Suckers! Just don't abreviate. ;D
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Pete J

I think I've been given an honorary diploma from that society already.

I always think about bringing a camera after the fact. Yesterday was one of those days.

The day the horse bit me while I was tailing boards for Kevin was another. The horses were laying down and rolling in the sawdust as it came off the mill.

Or just this past tuesday when two deer came out of the woods to smell the fresh pine we were cutting.

I have to get a new camera anyway. When's Father's day?
LogRite

Thank You Sponsors!