iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Circle Mill Set Works

Started by BBK, August 19, 2005, 07:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBK

I've been looking around for a while for a replacement setworks for my American Mill. Frick, Corley and Meadows are all compatable ( or at least Ican adapt them) to what I have now. All of the no 1 and 2 American mills I have found were in as bad or worse shape than what I have. I would dearly like to find somthing used as a new Frick or Meadows works start at $6000 and go up quick. I just don't saw enough any more to justify that  kind of investment.

Any leads or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

BBK
I love Farming, Logging, Sawmilling, Fishing, and Hunting.

Ron Wenrich

You can buy used mills for less than that. 

What is wrong with your setworks?  If its just worn paws, you may be able to get something reworked at a machine shop. 

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

sjh

BBK
Are your gear tracks parts of the set works or bolt on. I have a unidenifed parts mill that the set works has the track made right in it.  The dogs are in decent condition. The point on them have been reworked.  A picture of what you have would be niece.
Scott

BBK

I'll try to get some pictures. The works I have are the origional "American Ideal Setworks" from 1936. After 70 years its pretty worn and is showing a lot of metal fatigue. The Forwarder is slowly disintegrating and the reverse gear has several cracked teeth.
I love Farming, Logging, Sawmilling, Fishing, and Hunting.

Thank You Sponsors!