iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rare Iron Vine

Started by YellowHammer, November 03, 2012, 09:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowHammer

I was cruising the woods today and found this odd vine.  I've seen these Iron Vines growing out of city trees before, but never have seen one growing on a deep woods tree.  I'm not sure of the scientific name, maybe Slammus Dunkerii? :D 

YH

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Okrafarmer

:P  :P  :P  :P  :P  ;D

Slammus dunkeri (Spaulding)
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

tyb525

Looks like it has been slam dunked a few times, too
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Ron Scott

Interesting find as to who put it there.
~Ron

WDH

I wonder what that story is  ???.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

doctorb

Any shot banked in should be worth 5 points, 8 if it's beyond the three-point line. :D

I am familiar with ironwood trees.  Tear up a chain saw somthin' awful! ;D
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Thank You Sponsors!