iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Quickie Quiz Jackpot part Deux

Started by mesquite buckeye, January 13, 2013, 12:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

mesquite buckeye

This is very sad :'( :'( :'(

Not even one guess.

Clue #1: This tree is native to Arizona and adjacent Mexico. :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

isawlogs

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Dan_Shade

from the looks of that check, firewood!
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

WDH

It is one of the white oaks, maybe post oak.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thurlow

I might guess frassasas, except I reckon it doesn't grow in AZ.
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

mesquite buckeye

mesquite buckeye

mesquite buckeye

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: WDH on January 13, 2013, 10:10:05 PM
It is one of the white oaks, maybe post oak.

Actually a really good guess. That is what it looks like.

Not Fagaceae.

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: thurlow on January 13, 2013, 11:19:14 PM
I might guess frassasas, except I reckon it doesn't grow in AZ.

Reckon not. :)

mesquite buckeye

Clue #2

The wood is light as balsa. :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:

;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D

Okrafarmer

My first thought was an oak, and my second thought was one of the southwestern sycamores. But-- light as balsa? I seriously don't know, then. Errr. . . . Balsa?
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: Okrafarmer on January 13, 2013, 11:59:49 PM
My first thought was an oak, and my second thought was one of the southwestern sycamores. But-- light as balsa? I seriously don't know, then. Errr. . . . Balsa?

It is a native tree. But funny :D :D :D :D :snowball: :)

8) 8)

pc_smiley smiley_smug01 :snowfight1: popcorn_smiley steve_smiley blindsmiley dadgum you, Charlie! smiley_hanged splitwood_smiley smiley_argue01 bat_smailey smiley_fused_bomb smiley_whip smiley_big-grin2

Dodgy Loner

Are you competing with Meadow's Miller for the "Most Creative and Prolific Use of Smileys" award? ;)
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Dodgy Loner

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: Dodgy Loner on January 14, 2013, 11:35:23 AM
Are you competing with Meadow's Miller for the "Most Creative and Prolific Use of Smileys" award? ;)

Just found them and thought it would be fun since the guesses are coming in a bit slow on this one.

mesquite buckeye

mesquite buckeye

Clue #3:

This tree can grow to 50 feet tall and twenty feet wide.

Clue #4:

This tree produces large, night opening flowers that smell like fresh cut jack o' lanterns.

laugh_at           :rifle:

smiley_biggrin01

thurlow

I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!  Cocklebur..........aka cuckleburr.
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

Dodgy Loner

When you say 20' wide are you referring to the trunk or the crown spread? Cuz if you mean the trunk, then I would have to say baobab. Except you said that it's native, so it's not :)

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: Dodgy Loner on January 14, 2013, 12:41:47 PM
When you say 20' wide are you referring to the trunk or the crown spread? Cuz if you mean the trunk, then I would have to say baobab. Except you said that it's native, so it's not :)

Crown spread. Diameter 1-3 feet ;D

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: thurlow on January 14, 2013, 12:41:36 PM
I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!  Cocklebur..........aka cuckleburr.
smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw

:D :D :D :D

smiley_bounce  When you find out what it really is, I think you will be surprised. smiley_blue_bounce smiley_bouncing_pinky

smiley_devilish smiley_devilish        smiley_gossip smiley_gossip bat_smailey

SwampDonkey

I'd have to say some "lesser" species of buckeye.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!