Quickie Quiz Jackpot # 4

Started by mesquite buckeye, January 17, 2013, 08:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesquite buckeye

Which tree am I???    ;D

longitudinal/rift section

same, showing chatoyance.

X section.

I think this may be what can be called a hard one.

;D ;D8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) ;D ;D

smiley_blue_bounce smiley_bouncing_pinky smiley_bounce smiley_roller help_me wait_smiley air_plane smiley_old_guy smiley_gossip smiley_gossip smiley_gossip smile_juggle smiley_hydrogen coocoo_clock teeter_totter
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

mesquite buckeye

Clue # 1:

I am not a mesquite.  8) 8) 8) ::) ::) :P
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Jay C. White Cloud

Mountain Mahogany Cercocarpus montanus??
"To posses an open mind, is to hold a key to many doors, and the ability to created doors where there were none before."

"When it is all said and done, they will have said they did it themselves."-teams response under a good leader.

Okrafarmer

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: LeeB on January 17, 2013, 10:54:21 PM
osage

Nothing close to Osage orange or mulberry. ::)

hurt_smiley              :rifle:

say_what say_what smiley_gossip smiley_gossip smiley_gossip smiley_gossip

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: clww on January 17, 2013, 10:57:08 PM
Spalted Black Oak.

Not any kind of oak.  ;D

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: Jay C. White Cloud on January 17, 2013, 11:58:39 PM
Mountain Mahogany Cercocarpus montanus??

Nope. :o :o :o :o ??? ???

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Hey, Jay, what do you need for drumsticks? ??? :) :) :)

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: Okrafarmer on January 18, 2013, 12:18:24 AM
Some kind of locust.

Does kind of look like a black locust, but it isn't.

Told you it was a hard one. ;D ;D ;D

mesquite buckeye

Clue #2:

The locations of the groves of this tree were once a closely guarded secret.

giant splinter

roll with it

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: giant splinter on January 18, 2013, 11:05:35 AM
Manzanita

Not a manzanita, nor any other member of the Ericaceae. :P ::)

smiley_blue_bounce smiley_bouncing_pinky smiley_bounce fly_smiley yikes_smiley splitwood_smiley smiley_bouncing smiley_crying bat_smailey bat_smailey bat_smailey smiley_whip smiley_whip smiley_whip smiley_gossip smiley_gossip smiley_gossip smiley_gossip pinkie_invert pinkie_invert

Dodgy Loner

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

giant splinter

Ironwood and any form of Juniper such as alligator or one seed juniper
roll with it

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: giant splinter on January 18, 2013, 11:58:01 AM
Ironwood and any form of Juniper such as alligator or one seed juniper

Not a juniper, not an Ironwood.    8) 8) 8)

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: Dodgy Loner on January 18, 2013, 11:54:12 AM
Legume family?

Indeed.

smiley_clapping smiley_hollywood_cool smiley_hollywood_cool smiley_hollywood_cool smiley_hollywood_cool smiley_hollywood_cool smiley_hollywood_cool smiley_hollywood_cool smiley_bounce smiley_blue_bounce smiley_bouncing_pinky

Jay C. White Cloud

"To posses an open mind, is to hold a key to many doors, and the ability to created doors where there were none before."

"When it is all said and done, they will have said they did it themselves."-teams response under a good leader.

mesquite buckeye

mesquite buckeye

Clue #3

The wood of this tree was harvested for medicinal use. ;D

smiley_blue_bounce :P smiley_bouncing_pinky smiley_blue_bounce smiley_bounce I'm digging a hole fly_smiley help_me :snowfight1: :snowfight1: popcorn_smiley say_what smiley_chop smiley_gossip smiley_gossip smiley_gossip smiley_gossip smiley_gossip laugh_at no_no smiley_beertoast smiley_argue01 smiley_horserider

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

mesquite buckeye

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

mesquite buckeye

Okrafarmer

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Thank You Sponsors!