iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Met a new FF member

Started by tonich, October 23, 2009, 02:43:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonich

At a pub, overlooking the Fraser river I was fortunate to meet FF member sawguy21. The members map showed him as my nearest match. He is the first one from the FF I have ever met.
As you can see, on a glass of beer we had a good chat about forestry, chainsaws, engines...
Was another good experience and per usual, seemed like we already knew each other, as we used one and the same "language".

As beer is poring, the degree is raising:

At some point, a lady from the nearest table joins the two handsome guys:

It was a pleasure meeting you Roy. Thanks for your company!  :)
Toni

SwampDonkey

Quote from: tonich on October 23, 2009, 02:43:26 AM

As beer is poring, the degree is raising:

....the tales get more interesting.  ;D :D :D

Good thing the ladies were along to keep you two in line. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Burlkraft

We never seem to have "Ladies join our table" when we are out    smiley_wavy   no_no

We even had "Thee Bob" out tryin to wrangle them up........mebby that was the problem  :D  :D  :D

Looks like you two had a good time  ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

pasbuild

I see I can't invite you to camp >:(
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

WDH

Meeting Forum members is a neat experience.  Looks like fun was had!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

sawguy21

We had a great time. Toni is a very interesting person, we found lots to talk about. The lady is the photographer's wife, Toni asked the fellow at the next table to take our picture. They are very nice people we had some good laughs with them.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Stephen1

It always is nice to meet some from the FF. Toni, are you visiting or are you residing in BC now.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

tonich

I am a resident and I will stick to BC for a while.
I am eager to find out why the locals call the Giant Thuja (Thuja plicata/Thuja gigantea) Red Cedar.  :P :D :D ;D

SwampDonkey

Well for starts it has red heartwood. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

tonich

I was wondering more about "Cedar", though.  ::) :D :D

Thuja has nothing to do with Cedar.
Like Douglas Fir has nothing to do with Fir...
Go figure!  :D ;D

-------

OK, back to the topic: I was really surprised, when the manager came and started removing glasses and plates, while we were still there. It looked like he was just urging us on leaving.  >:(

SwampDonkey

Never mind the bible teachings, it's cedar. :D

What about tulip poplar? No connection to poplar that I know of, other than being a tree. ;D

Blame it on Douglas and a couple other blokes, they couldn't agree. Strong back bone and bull headed. :D

Thank You Sponsors!