iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I worked on getting firewood logs

Started by Wallys World, May 02, 2009, 07:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wallys World

I had a half day of "spare" time last week so I went and pulled out some firewood logs. I made four trips out with the little log trailer and used the arch on 3 other logs. All were dead red oak, one had blown over and the other I cut down. I loaded the trailer with the Kubota backhoe. The ones I pulled out with the arch were 28 inches in diameter. At least it is a start on next winters wood. I marked quite a few more trees to come out for firewood, most of which are dead.

Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

gizmo

Thats the easy part. Now you have to cut and split and stack and move em again and again..  Good hauls though and nice trailer..

beenthere

Nice load, and nice log trailer. Is that the military trailer you remodeled?

How many more loads like that to get next years wood laid in ??
Do you have an extra operator to get both tractors into the woods, or just hike back for the other one?

I'm wondering how many more trees I need to cut to finish my wood supply too.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Wallys World

This is the little trailer that I got from the military. the big one is still waiting time to work on it. We are getting close to getting it on the road though, because I told my wife we can use it to haul roof trusses for the house we are planning to build.
   I did have help on this outting in the woods, my cousin drove that Gator and carried me back and forth to get the other tractor.
   We still have some wood left over from last year so I have at least 6 good size trees marked out for firewood cutting. I also need to get some "prime" wood for the firewood stand and also for the city market this Christmas.
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

Thank You Sponsors!