iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Resting on Sunday

Started by Sixacresand, May 26, 2013, 09:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixacresand

I spent most of Saturday restacking and sticking boards (my helper went river canoeing).  We went to Milledgeville to eat and I dropped off a few bands to be sharpened.  Using the local guy saves the freight expense of the resharp service.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Chuck White

It's usually a good deal when you can find someone who sharpens blades locally.

The guy with the blades saves a little money and the sharpening guy makes a little.  :)

I sharpen a few blades for some of the p/t sawyers around here!  However, I wouldn't want to get into it too heavy, because then I wouldn't have time to saw!  ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Po-Jo

Sixacresand who do you use for sharpening, i go to milledgeville when i can, my dad lives on sinclair, and the kids loooove their grandpa and going to the lake, might could make the trip dual purpose  ;D

clww

Sunday is intended as the day of rest. ;)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

sawguy21

Sunday is the only day my stuff gets done. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Sixacresand

Quote from: Po-Jo on May 26, 2013, 10:12:45 AM
Sixacresand who do you use for sharpening, i go to milledgeville when i can, my dad lives on sinclair, and the kids loooove their grandpa and going to the lake, might could make the trip dual purpose  ;D

I know what you mean about the grand kids.   I sent you a PM about the sharpening.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Thank You Sponsors!