iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

346xp leaking fuel

Started by Maine372, April 13, 2018, 10:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maine372

previous owner says the saw always leaked gas. fuel lines looked tired so I started by replacing them. found the tank vent had backed out of where its seated in the tank. rattling around in there it had oversized the hole. so I put that in with some sealant and figured it was good. wrong! still leaking gas like a sieve.
the main feed line from the filter to the carb isn't making a seal where it passes into the tank.
is there supposed to be a seal there or is it just the outside of the fuel line pressing against the orifice? does OEM husqy line have a different outside diameter than the generic stuff I got at tsc? any thoughts on how to seal this up?
thanks in advance.

steele109

Hi I have fixed several huskys that leaked where the fuel line comes out of the tank and yes there are several sizes of generic fuel hose. The way I fixed them was putting a stihl weedeater gromet in the hole then run the fuel line through that,it seals them tight. I had a 350 that I fixed that way.I drilled the hole just big enough to get the gromit in run the hose through it no more leak.

Maine372

got a part number for that grommet?

dougand3

Stihl Fuel line grommet 0000-989-0516
Search online - many choices.
Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

Maine372

that sounds much easier than trying to sleeve it with a larger piece of fuel line.

many thanks!

Thank You Sponsors!