iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Its been awhile

Started by Jeff, October 15, 2018, 07:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I have the Wood-Mizer all prepped to go on a journey. I'm just waiting for a slot in the weather where I can get it the 187 miles to the U.P. and saw up the cedar and Tamarack that it stacked on my property. It was not running right the last I tried to use it. Had to pull the choke to keep it running. I trouble shot it to being the old gas line and bulb. So, the 1986 wood-mizer lt30 has a new tank fittings and fuel line.  This is a solo journey.

Furby sent me these photos yesterday. I gave him some cedar and this is what is left on the ground for me to get sawed. He hauled home a trailer and truck load. That tamarack is going to be a handful for just me and a manual mill.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Don P

That looks like a good whack, how long you staying?

Magicman

Dat DanG Furby shoulda stayed and been the tailgunner for you.  :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

As long as possible! I'll take my crossbow too. Its suppose to snow Wednesday but be decent Thursday. (50) so I'll probably go up Wednesday. I'm just going to cant the cedar and I'm not sure about the tamarack.

I tried to get him but hes like a shrew.

WV Sawmiller

Pretty logs. Is your tractor up there or other handling equipment? Good luck on the sawing and the hunting. Stay safe.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Jeff

Quad with a winch is up there. That's it. My tractor doesn't have any real log handling abilities.

Texas Ranger

Be careful my friend, do you have cell service up their?
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Jeff

Where the logs are on my property there is just enough signal to use the phone to make calls or text.

Darrel

I wish you all the best of luck Jeff and above all else enjoy your time there!
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

thecfarm

It's always nice sawing for yourself.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Sounds like some fried fish is in order  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

Off to the land of ice and snow.

Lko67

Safe travels stay warm and have fun

samandothers

jb616

Quote from: Jeff on October 17, 2018, 09:37:37 AM
Off to the land of ice and snow.

It sounds like a good time. BTW, the Onan is alive and ready to be transplanted on my LT30. Did you have any clearance issues by the starter with the engine lifting mechanism?  looks like it's going to be close. 

Jeff

WV Sawmiller

Don't know what the wood will look like but you sure have some pretty surroundings to be working in. Our leaves here look like they are going to fall before they ever turn colors this year. We even have a street festival (Railroad Days) this weekend with special trains coming along the New River Valley and stop to let people take pictures of the foliage. Looks like I need to send them your way.

Don't get so tied up sawing you forget about that crossbow too. I'd love to see a picture of a big deer hanging on one of those pretty red maples. Take care.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Darrel

Glad to see that I'm not the only one to pull an orange sawmill with a red truck. 

1 get a deer
2 get the logs sawn

And above all else, have a good time!
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Percy

Thats a nice pile of logs.....If you haven't milled in a while and have no grunts, you are gonna find muscles you haven't spoken to in a while....The kind that can make you walk funny..... ;D ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Banjo picker

Thats the first fall folage that I have seen that looks nice.  Trees here are just like Howard's ... leaves falling off without changing color.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Jeff

Sixacresand

Enjoyed the videos.  When you get back home, show some more of that log trailer from your first post.  Is that arch attached to the trailer or is that a Logrite loaded on it.  Interesting
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Jeff

That's a furby rig. Propane tank hauler.

Jeff

I made two videos of how I wa loading logs. I made two because I thought the first one didnt record. I'll upload the second on too, as it was a bigger log. Fist I need to take a break and go fill my blade lube tank. I'm getting pretty sore, but i may not get anudder day like this one.

Loading a log. - YouTube

rjwoelk

Jeff here in saskatchewan we have had 65 to 72 degree weather the last 3 days and the forecast is the same for the extt week or 2 hope it holds. Its coming your way.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Thank You Sponsors!