iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Missed Opportunity

Started by lxskllr, December 01, 2018, 02:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lxskllr

At mom's house,  and they're removing a tree across the street. I went outside to watch a bit, and the guy in the bucket truck asked if I was a climber or bucket operator. I said no of course, but I bet I could have parlayed that into a groundie position. Looked like a small outfit, which suits me, but they were from the city, which doesn't so much.

I might be too conservative for my own good. I let opportunities go by without grabbing...

Looked to me like the bucket guy was taking pieces too big. Bigger than I'd have done anyway. Dunno the scope of work, but the pieces were beating up some evergreens on the way down, but I couldn't see the other side of the stockade fence. Maybe they'll be removed too?

Started raining, and the guy said his chipper caught fire, so they'll be back to tomorrow. They went to work breaking stuff down behind the fence where I couldn't see. A little disappointed. I wanted to see them get the tricky pieces, but I guess they'll get them tomorrow.

btulloh

Seems to me you chose the best position in the whole crew.   :D
HM126

lxskllr

Back at mom's, and they broke a fence. Didn't want to be too nosey, so I didn't look in the yards, but the trees they were beating up are still in. A shame they're so far away. That's the kind of company I could be the star employee in  :^D

Thank You Sponsors!