iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Field patch brought me home

Started by kiko, April 21, 2019, 09:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiko

Leaving the woods from a service call a charge pipe on the cold side rubtured.  I though about calling the hook but I was about sixty miles out and late Saturday afternoon, $$$.   So I pulled in this little country store.  So it was actually a piece of plastic that split, not completely blown out. The little store happen to have a tube of super glue.  So I cleaned the pipe with some brake cleaner and glued up the split.  I also had some large cable ties on the truck, used four of them side by side and brought it on home with no issue.  Gonna order the new pipe in the morning.

Mooseherder

Superglue is good to have on hand.  It works good on cuts that require stitches also.

hacknchop

Field patch sounds more like a MacGyver trick , glad you made it . Sending unit went out on a little S10 4x4 I had yrs ago, so I emptied the windshield washer tank ran the line into the top of the throttle body and crawled home, only trouble I remember other than having to fill that 1gallon tank a few times was that if I pushed to hard on gas pedal it backfired and started a little fire which would quickly extinguishe itself .  Super glue trick is impressive. 
Often wrong never indoubt

Sheepkeeper

Got a call from my daughter one day that she was sitting on the side of the freeway about 15 km from home with my truck. Truck started smoking and then lost motive power. Engine ran fine just wouldn't move. A rubber transmission line had split and spewed ATF on the exhaust. Drove out with 3 litres of fluid and my tool box. Had enough line that I could shorten it but I couldn't get the get the line off the pipe. Side by side zip ties over the split, dump in the fluid, start the truck, look underneath - no leaks. Was able to drive the truck to the repair shop.
The hurry-er I go the behind-er I get.

BargeMonkey

The handiest stuff I've ever used for "repairs" is divers putty or redhand epoxy, I'm talking literally fix holes in a hull. We had a carthodic issue on a boat, had some coolant issues with a keel cooler, company wasnt big on NalCool so it made the situation worse. The best short term fix for a leaking cooler with a small hole is... Black pepper. I'm talking 10-20lbs of it, engine room will smell like chicken soup. 

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!