iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started the build.

Started by fishfighter, April 08, 2015, 12:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishfighter

Sure did, but the water drain fast. ;D Bad thing, was without power a good 12 hours. :( All good now. 8)

BigZ La

Sorry to hear about that power outage Mr Paul, hope the weather wasn't that bad for ya'll. We made it through without any problems. Glad to see your still going strong on the project. 

fishfighter

Happy y'all made it good. A lot of folks got bang up. :o

I did do some lite sanding in repair spots and a third coat of mud. I will reshoot those areas next week. I also did a sanding on the wainscoting in the bedroom/bath area. After Mass, I plan on taping up that area and maybe shoot some varnish.

Next Wednesday is a doctors day in New Orleans. :( Been kind of moving real slow the last couple weeks. Been fighting DanG fluid again which is not good. Don't know what they will be able to do to help this time. DanG extra 10 lbs I been carrying around is not helping. I'm sure I will be fussed at for not going down sooner. ;D

SwampDonkey

This is one fine build thread. Can't hold a good man down even when he's banged up roasted and flooded out. ;D

I like the stained glass doors and I to am putting in LED's in my new house and pot light LED's on the porches. The countertop is nice to but I'm not into heavy. I'm in the light weight class. ;) We are still under the glaciers here and very unusually cold, so no breaking ground yet for the basement. Then of course road closures until May 17th, so no full cement trucks allowed before then. The suspense, if there is any.  ;) ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

fishfighter

Why thanks SwampDonkey. It's cool here too for this time of the year. :o

Yesterday, I did finish painting the rest of the wainscoting. Today, I got to put a check in the mail for uncle Sam. >:( Then I might try to get something done.

fishfighter

Now you see it.

Now you don't. ;D

Just have to throw some primer on it. Got to wait till it dries.

fishfighter

Been taking it very easy. Doctors appointment kind of went the way that ended with higher doses of meds. DanG Entresto has my blood pressure all over the place. :( Just have to give it some time for me to adjust to it.

I have been doing a little work. Mostly wood trim. Finished out the area outside the bedrooms and bath. Got the door casing all done. Everything is varnished.

Sorry, didn't get any pictures.

Magicman

Even finishing the small jobs is another step toward completion.  smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

tule peak timber

Just caught this thread,,,terrific work !
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

fishfighter

Well, I got out and floated the bathroom. Took 5+ hours and a box of mud plus 2/3 of a bucket. :o I'm beat and my plan for the rest of the day, drink a couple beers and chill. ;D

fishfighter

This weekend I was able to finish out the front bedroom somewhat. Well, all sheetrock work done along with shooting it and painting it. All I have to do is the window wood casing and hang the door.

Going to try and spray a second coat on the roof today. Good warm dry weather for the next few days is a good time to get this done.

Couldn't get up on the roof. DanG PB was way to low and the wife saw it. So, I went into the bedroom and installed all switches and called it a day. Been napping the better part. :(

Magicman

I am assuming that you meant BP as in blood pressure?  Anyway, take care of yourself my Friend.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Yep, DanG blood pressure. It's been running around 90/50 and taking a toll on me. Even upping my meds hasn't helped. Got to call New Orleans today to see what can be done. >:( Just don't know if the old ticker is calling it quits now. It's just leaving so DanG tired all the time. >:(

Going to try and get something done today. Maybe a little sanding in the bathroom. No ladders, just don't want to take a spill. ;D

Magicman

My Prayers are for you and your heart my Friend. 

fishfighter

Thanks Lynn. They made a adjustment on a med that help a little. So, I been taking it easy. Been dealing with a big sweetgum twin tree the fell from a storm. Been burning it in place. Real big sucker. Heck, I don't own a saw big enough to cut it up. :o Got it down in size now. ;D

I even got a little sawing done on some SYP. 4/4x6" and some 2x6. Will be using that as decking on the porches. Still have more to saw up, maybe next week.

I also started hanging some J channel. I will be using vinyl for the eves and porches. Was going to use Hardie Board, but changed my mind do to the weight.

Magicman

I have been checking and waiting for your update.  :P 

Briankinley2004

I took the vinyl down on my porch and put up cypress bead board. Stained and sealed each one before putting it up and it was easier than doing vinyl in my opinion. Looks way better than vinyl too. Just a thought. I lived with vinyl for 20 years then pulled it all off and installed cement board everywhere there was vinyl except the porch ceilings.

fishfighter

I would love to go that way, but all cypress trees are off limits on my place. It has been that way when my granddad didn't saw them way back in the 1920's. Got some real big ones on my place. ;D

Anyway, started doing a little trimming outside.

Yes, Hardie board. Looking at painting it only once.

Will have to pressure wash the complete house before painting. Got hot fast today and called it quits around noon. I have all the back done and will start working on the sides maybe tomorrow.

thecfarm

That BP is low. :o  I can see why you are tried.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sawmilllawyer

I admire your keep on plugging away attitude! You will get it done even if it is small steps. Take care of your BP AND YOUR HEART first. Really have enjoyed this thread and your skill set.
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

fishfighter

Thanks guys. I do try to take care of myself. At 60, there is very little that don't hurt every day. :(

Anyway, have anybody ever deal with Dottie, you know 811? >:( What a pain in the backside. >:( I called the last Tuesday and gave all info. Thursday, had some lines marked, but one I needed was across a pipeline. When you call that number, they have 48 hours to respond. Got a auto call back, saying no need for them to mark the line. >:( Knowing better, I call them Friday. Got a call back this morning from them and told them what is what. 35 minutes later, two guys showed up. ;D They mark the line. The two lines are about 6' down. Bad thing, I had to grind off the teeth on my bucket on the backhoe. Can't dig across the pipeline with teeth. WTH? I planning only to dig down about 18". This is for a 2" sewerage line to a settlement pond.  And to throw more in the works, no digging can be done unless a crew is on the job. :( I worked as a union worker just about all my life, but this takes the cake. :D Only good thing, they asked when I wanted to dig. Told them first thing in the morning. :D They should be here at 7:30 am. Well I hope.

fishfighter

Well, the pipeline crew was at my house for 7:30. ;D All went fine and the line is done across the pipeline. ;D

Settlement pond

Just another 300'+ to go.

With the heat that we been in the last week, my work days are getting shorter. DanG 92F is not easy on me. :(

I did get some more trimming up with just one more side to do. Can't get the peaks. My SIL is using my 40' ladder. When he finishes up with it, he will bring it back and also finish out the peaks. ;D

Magicman

Keep plugging along.  8)

fishfighter

Got back on it today and just about finished trimming eves out.

Well, as far as I am going to climb a ladder. ;D By 9:30, I called it a day. :(

I did add some drip edge that I was going to use all around. Not happy with it.

That is a 4" wide trim. It's coming off the first thing in the morning. I went and picked up some new trim that I should be happy with, I hope. :D

ksmitchell

Wow, I just spent the last few days reading this post from start to now. Fishfighter, this build is amazing and I am very impressed with everything you have done. I am hoping to start my cabin build here in a few months or next spring depending on the clean up I have to do at my property. Your post has given me lots of inspiration as well as ideas on how to do things. I look forward to seeing the end of this build, I hope your health turns for the better.

Thank You Sponsors!