iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Open house

Started by Bruno of NH, January 23, 2016, 02:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Thinking about having an open house at the mill this spring .
Cut some logs and stack and sticker .
Anyone done this before ?
Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Where have you been?  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Bruno of NH

I could never live up to how you guys do it down south .
I'm just a pup in this sawing thing .
I'm on a sports radio show some times and talk about milling . Thinking about having listeners that mybe never seen a mill run before come over .
Kind of a way to get new clients .
Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Bruno of NH on January 23, 2016, 02:59:18 PM
Thinking about having listeners that mybe never seen a mill run before come over .
Kind of a way to get new clients .
Bruno

Honestly....thats not a bad idea. I would give it a try.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

kderby

I am in a small town and have considered an open house as well.  Not for sales promotion just for local political capital.  If people want to know what's going on, they can have a chance to come look.  Every small town has the "wailers" who think a growing business is going to ruin the town.  I think an open house would help keep the wailers toned down.

I could offer hot dogs and soda!

KDerby

Ocklawahaboy

I've gotten to attend 2 events.  One was hosted by woodmizer at a local mill they were partnering with and one was hosted by none other than Custom sawyer.  Both were a lot of fun and not really comparable because they were different animals. Come to think of it, one featured a sleeping goat and the other didn't. Offering food can get a little tricky on how much to have but there is something about eating that makes people much more receptive toward each other.

terrifictimbersllc

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

KirkD

Quote from: kderby on January 23, 2016, 03:21:37 PM
I am in a small town and have considered an open house as well.  Not for sales promotion just for local political capital.  If people want to know what's going on, they can have a chance to come look.  Every small town has the "wailers" who think a growing business is going to ruin the town.  I think an open house would help keep the wailers toned down.

I could offer hot dogs and soda!

KDerby

Make it beer and brats and I will drive over. lol

Wood-mizer LT40HD-G24 Year 1989

GAB

Advertise that you will have a keg and watch them come from all over.
If you really want them to remember you make it a Root Beer keg.
Any complaints then tell them you did not want to be responsible for any one driving under the influence of alcohol.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Thank You Sponsors!