iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

View from your deer stand.

Started by Bogue Chitto, December 20, 2017, 10:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogue Chitto

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bogue Chitto

This is very rare picture in south Louisiana. 

Magicman

Here was the view from mine last Friday during the snow:

https://youtu.be/lZzWcfDGakg
One correction;  the StrawHouse was built in 2000, not 2010.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Not a view from my stand,how about my house?

I was cutting right behind the house. I would pull out the so called logs and leave the tops. Deer would come in and eat the tops. Next day I would haul the tops off and start all over again.
I also feed the deer in this same area. I use to showshoe in years ago and see how the deer was doing before I built a house in their back yard.  Feeding the deer,I scatter the grain in a long line. I grab a handful and throw it. I think my feeding line is 50-80 feet long. Keeps the deer from fighting and driving away the small ones.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bogue Chitto

That snow day in the south was a nice day MM.

Peter Drouin

What kind of trees Cfarm? Nice pix.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

Mostly white maple. Might of been an ash,maybe an oak. I try to leave the oak for the acorns,but sometimes oak need to be thinned out too.
I would try to leave at least 2 tops out at a time. This keeps the deer from fighting and driving the smaller ones away.
I cut the bog off a few years ago. Cutting cedar,well really anything growing. None of the wood was any good,maybe and I say maybe pulp.No size to most of it. When I would come out with the cedar,I would not limb it and I would stop and back up a few times and that would break off the limbs. I would bring the good size cedar up to my stepsons game camera. The cedar trees would like skinned fish bones in the morning. No green stuff,just limbs. The deer would be in the bog when I was cutting. I would come to the landing,probably no more than 5-600 feet away. I would unhook and by the time I got back,the deer would be there. I would shut off the tractor and start to walk towards them to cut some more and they did not want to leave the food.
Stepson did come down,just once and he had never seen anything like it. All of us that work in the woods,in the winter,have seen this and take it for granted.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

This morning's view from another stand.

I did not see anything.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Magicman

Yesterday evening I made another video from the StrawHouse,  Same location as Reply #3 above except without snow.
https://youtu.be/sv-pKi4thlc

Magicman

Quote from: Jeff on December 23, 2017, 03:43:29 PMWheredat?
It is the location of this rebuild:  LINK  Any Yes, you have been there.   ;D

Several good bucks have come from here including these.

Treehack

Here is mine.

Hard to watch for deer sometimes with this view.
TK 1220, 100+ acres of timber, strong left arm.

sandhills

Bogue Chitto

Jeff

Bogue Chitto

Jeff

Selfie from deerstand. Its windy wet and cold out here. I suspect the deer left for Florida. Its supposed to be single digits tonight. My sister is hunting from a heated blind, I'm going old school. I want that big deer. I'll settle for less, but he ain't going to be up where its cushy.

thecfarm

Jeff

Jeff

Lynda's dog Sophie didnt recognize me bundled up for today's hunting conditions and was telling me so.

Bogue Chitto

Bogue Chitto

trapper

I like antlers but am happy to settle for warm and tender
Logrite trailer makes it easy for an old man to load deer see aviator

stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Thank You Sponsors!