iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How many Rights?

Started by Magicman, October 31, 2018, 02:07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

OK, I flipped a right and made a wrong.

Of course that now means that the right is smooth and the left is swede and probably will wear out quicker and I will still have more rights than lefts. ;D

No glove wears correctly anyway until it has been wet and dries to fit.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SawyerTed

FWIW, I've been getting good service from ULINE goat skin gloves.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SawyerTed

I'm sure you can.  The rights come free!   :D :D
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Treehack

Maybe it's time for a FF glove exchange.  Swipe right if yer lookin' for rights, swipe left if yer lookin' for lefts.  Jeff could be the matchmaker. :D
TK 1220, 100+ acres of timber, strong left arm.

Brad_bb

Seems like a lot of Lefties on here (me included).  Maybe it's time for a poll for sawyers - lefty or righty.  Who knows maybe more lefty sawyers than righties.  10% of the population is supposedly left handed.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

terrifictimbersllc

This mill is for them :).  

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

justallan1

I'm a lefty, but I generally wear out the right handed gloves faster.
When fencing my pliers are in my left hand, I generally swing a hammer lefty, hold a torch or welder lefty. Basically, my right hand gets the abusive jobs.
FYI, I eat with both hands, but only wear gloves when it's my own cooking! ;D ;D

Jeff

Quote from: Treehack on November 01, 2018, 10:44:55 PMJeff could be the matchmaker.

You don't want me to do that.:)

Several years ago, Steve Beecraft (Burlkraft) came over and went out deer hunting with me in the U.P. On our way out of the woods that morning, He said! Hey look, you must have dropped your jersey gloves under that tree, and started over towards them.  I let him get almost there, and said UMMM...  I wouldn't pick them up if I were you...:D   That year for Christmas he sent me a box full of new pairs of brown jersey gloves.  Funny thing was, we both became acutely adept at spotting stray gloves laying in places they should not be, and several times we would call each other just to say we had spotted a glove.:D

rjwoelk

Quote from: Brad_bb on November 02, 2018, 02:11:51 AM
Seems like a lot of Lefties on here (me included).  Maybe it's time for a pole for sawyers - lefty or righty.  Who knows maybe more lefty sawyers than righties.  10% of the population is supposedly left handed.
Well thats a relief, at least 10% of those on the forum are in their  right mind. ;D
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

alan gage

Quote from: Jeff on November 02, 2018, 09:48:13 AMSeveral years ago, Steve Beecraft (Burlkraft) came over and went out deer hunting with me in the U.P. On our way out of the woods that morning, He said! Hey look, you must have dropped your jersey gloves under that tree, and started over towards them.  I let him get almost there, and said UMMM...  I wouldn't pick them up if I were you...:D   That year for Christmas he sent me a box full of new pairs of brown jersey gloves.  Funny thing was, we both became acutely adept at spotting stray gloves laying in places they should not be, and several times we would call each other just to say we had spotted a glove.:D
I don't get it. But I also don't know that I want someone to explain it. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.
Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

Hilltop366

So..... do you take the jersey glove off before using it in the woods or.... never mind, I don't want to know. :D

Brad_bb

I don't get it either, Why shouldn't he have picked up the gloves?  If it was deer season, it couldn't have been a snake...
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

terrifictimbersllc

Glove is better than nettles or poison ivy. 
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

mike_belben

Quote from: Brad_bb on November 02, 2018, 01:09:07 PM
I don't get it either, Why shouldn't he have picked up the gloves?  If it was deer season, it couldn't have been a snake...
Worse, brown trout.
Praise The Lord

WDH

A man has to go when he has to go :)  
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on November 02, 2018, 01:16:00 PM
Glove is better than nettles or poison ivy.
You gots that right! :D
Now why might a guy abandon a pair of Jersey gloves while being in the woods and warn a buddy away from them if he found them? I like Jersey gloves. Multifaceted.

Hilltop366

Well I didn't give the shirt off my back but I did give the pocket off my shirt once to a friend in need.

Jim_Rogers

My father was a deer hunter and he said to never use white toilet paper in the woods as someone might think its a white tail deer and shoot you.
They did have some orange tp once.
Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

mike_belben

my uncle had a shirt with a peculiar square cut out of the chest region this one time. 

personally i think as soon as you drop a stinker your hunt is pretty much over unless you are inundated with little bambies and button bucks.  one whiff of me in rifle season and theyre outta there. 
Praise The Lord

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: Jim_Rogers on November 02, 2018, 03:58:29 PM
My father was a deer hunter and he said to never use white toilet paper in the woods as someone might think its a white tail deer and shoot you.
They did have some orange tp once.
Jim Rogers
Jim,

I was working a project in eastern Ohio many years ago and one of my co-workers there told me a local lady got killed because she answered the call and had on white undies and some idiot shot her when she saw the flash of white in the brush.

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Outlaw

I've lost sleeves and a few socks. But never thought of a glove!!
TK 1600, old logging equipment,  sthil chainsaws

SawyerTed

I had to stop the truck on a trip and let a buddy head to the woods.  He wore a t-shirt into the woods and came out wearing a tank top.  

Magicman

You guys are killing me.  :D

I wore the "one inside out", and the other "right side in" pair today and they worked OK.  At least I now know how to make a pair out of two rights.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Autocar

I am left handed and I must have a dozen good right hands and worn out left hands. I use to trade my right for lefts to a tractor repair place but seems like I don't get over there like I use to.
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!