iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

firewood yard

Started by thecfarm, April 08, 2014, 08:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

This is where I bring my firewood too.
The wood on the left is mine. There is a pile of just about all maple on the right,tree lenght,that is my thinning thread wood, that I sell for firewood.
There is a gray tarp that covers up some wood to keep the snow off it. A brush pile in the middle back. I bring the trees from the thinning job to the brush pile to be limbed out. I really get more firewood when I do it this way. I take it down smaller than when I am leaving the brush in the woods.

This one is the same area.Note the gray tarp again. The sawmill with a pile of hemlock slabs behind,that the wife has been using to boil down some maple syrup and a pile of cedar slabs in front of the sawmill. And again my firewood in the front.

Between the sawmill and the gray tarp is somewhat of a gravel road.Where the firewood yard is,it's all mud now. I can be sawing the limbs off in the firewood yard and look up and see deer in the woods looking for the buds of the maple tops. Maybe 100 feet away.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

NS logging

Even with good weather coming, looks like it may be awhile before you work in that woodyard.

We had seven deer in our hardwood cut every day.  By this spring, the coyotes had gotten two of them.  The second one...the coyotes were still eating when we came in with the skidder first thing in the morning.

SwampDonkey

A good start for next winter.  ;D

A lot of snow melted today, but there is still no bare ground around here. Three + feet in my woods yesterday. There was so much snow the brook was almost buried with solid snow except a few open spots.  I could snow shoe across it to an acre and a half I own on the other side. I thinned it a few years ago. The average size is a lot bigger than the neighboring lot.  Thinning pays, big difference in 15 years. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

47sawdust

cfarm ,
Bringing out the whole tree is a good idea.Takes up some room but I hate leaving good wood behind.My horses also love  gnawing on the tops and debarking the logs,especially the beech.Just waiting for it to dry out a little here.Some years it goes from real wet to scary dry pretty quick.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

g_man

Bringing the brush out does seem like a good idea. Gives you a nice neat job as shown in your other thread photos. You must have a burn every once in a while to keep the pile reasonable ??

thecfarm

I usually have a burn when there is snow on the ground. It's easier than to do it. That way it it burns,smolders for 2 days,I'm all set.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!