iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fox Pro Spitfire

Started by CX3, February 23, 2011, 10:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CX3

I just got back from Kansas hunting coyotes.  My buddy bought a foxpro spitfire, its the little cheap one $200.  It worked great.  Pretty loud, light weight, easy to use.  I would recommend it.  The only thing is its not the loudest caller out there.  But one of the yotes we called in was in the middle of the day and wind blowing so bad I was ready to go home.  I thought you may want a review of the little caller. 

Oh by the way we called up 6 coyotes out of 14 setups.  It was some awesome predator hunting out there. Only killed 2.  The others were just a little slicker than us
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

Wrangler55

These days I use an MP3 player and a set of battery powered speakers for my varmint call. I digitized all my old Johnny Stewart tapes plus there are a lot of mp3 files to download on Varmint Al's site.

http://www.varmintal.com/ahunt.htm

Hal
I'm so covered with sawdust, my nickname should be dusty...

Chuck White

I got a "Spitfire" last month for my birthday!

Haven't had a chance to get out with it yet!

Yesterday I spotted a yote way back (500 yards+) in the meadow behind the house so I took the unit out and set it on the rail of the deck!  Selected "Fem Coyote Howl" and hit the power button.  That yote stopped instantly!  After a few minutes he went into the pasture (still in sight) and circled around to figure just where the sound was coming from!  A little time (2-3 min) passed and he was joined by another yote and they kept circling!  Then the brush in the pasture was too thick to see through!

All in all, it was fun.   I'm going to have to get over behind the meadow and do a couple of set-ups!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

CX3

Chuck if I had a coyote 500 yards behind my house the barrel on my rifle would still be smoking :D :D
You Better Believe It!

CX3

Hal, do you just use the speakers that go with the mp3 player?  Or do you use the bigger "stereo" looking one?  Is it wireless? 
You Better Believe It!

Wrangler55

I bought some battery powered amplified speakers that plug into the mp3 player.  I guess I should spray paint them camo.   They work great with C size batteries.

Hal
I'm so covered with sawdust, my nickname should be dusty...

CX3

That is a really good idea.  Thanks for sharing
You Better Believe It!

Chuck White

Quote from: CX3 on February 24, 2011, 10:31:40 PM
Chuck if I had a coyote 500 yards behind my house the barrel on my rifle would still be smoking :D :D

I haven't done a lot of practice shooting at 500+ yards and I'm not sure how much punch my 204 Ruger out of a 26 inch TC barrel would have at that distance!

I do have a metal target set out right near where the yote was, but I haven't shot at it with the 204.  I put that target there, back when I had a 22-250, but I can see me shooting at it when I get the chance.

I didn't fire the other day, mainly because I've found in the past that if I don't, then eventually the yotes will come closer to the house.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

CX3

Hold 52 inches high at 500 and torch it off.  Bowhunters see how close they can get to game and still hit it, varmit hunters see how far off they can shoot at game and miss :D ;D :D
You Better Believe It!

Thank You Sponsors!