iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

home made production band mill

Started by JB Griffin, August 20, 2017, 02:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB Griffin

2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

78NHTFY

...someone mentioned a Sanborn band saw mill on this thread.  In case, one is up for auction in Calais, VT.  Bunch of other sawmill related stuff, eg. Farmi winch, tractors, chainsaws, log tongs.  Auctioneer is cwgray@valley.net.  All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

dgdrls

I like the Deutz power,  I also like the idea of a hydraulic drive,  would keep your carriage weight down.   

D

JB Griffin

Thanks for the info guys, for now I think I'll just mod the fire out of the 40 and run the pee out of it. Thanks
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

drobertson

brian, I know very little about baker mills, some I've heard is not good, other reports are tops, I did hear that  the that
rascal from New Hampshire? kicked some rear ends,, running off the scale stick,  a fellow needs a drag back or, kick off, one or the other with a straight line  operation,. Building one is very possible, if others can do it, then its' possible, right?  so, design of the system is the order of the day,. from start to finish, and always remember, flexibility is required regardless of  systems that are employed, and as one said earlier in the thread, down stream is equally as important as putting stuff in the flow,, you know it,,  band blades are a very important  element, I sure would like to know what the Baker dude was running at the shoot out,,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

4x4American

Dr. Obertson, The NH rascal was running forum sponsor Kasco 7/40 blades that were shipped to our very own Cutting Edge Saw Service for a super tune tickle before Cuttting Edge Saw Service carried them over to the Baker crew to run in the show.  As they would say on the left most part (being looked at downside up) of the great white north, da blade they ran was a skookum choocher, it's gonna be an heirloom piece that hank's daughter will be wearing around her neck at her wedding.
Boy, back in my day..

JB Griffin

The first line of order is another hyd pump, then chain turner, turbo charger, and vertical backstops. May make it worth less than a stock one but it will be better than one, at least to me.

Thank You Sponsors!