iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Corn and callus on feet

Started by bigred1951, April 02, 2018, 09:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigred1951

Since I just now became insured through work I've been thinking about going to the doctor for my right foot. The big toe has a big corn on the side of it and the pinky toe has either a small corn or callus on the side by the nail. Lately they been hurting more and more especially if I bump one of them. It even hurts off and on through out the day where I'm always on my feet. What's it like to have them removed pain wise and how long would I be down for. Could I go right back to work. I've never been to the doctor for this before it's just slowly gotten worse over the last few years.

sawguy21

Your foot wear may be too tight, the corns form from constant rubbing on the adjacent toe. You may need a wider boot.Pharmacies carry rubber spacers that fit between the toes but they can get uncomfortable and invariably come off inside the sock. I have a small tool that works like a cheese grater to scrape off the dead tissue, be careful not to get aggressive and cause bleeding
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

bigred1951

The places are on the outside of my toes not in between

gspren

You may need a wider boot but a trip to a Podiatrist would be a good idea, foot pain is a bummer.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Raider Bill

It is extremely painful from the second they plunge the needle in your toe till you heel which could be months.

Sounds like your shoes are too tight.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

trapper

I use a dremel rotary tool to remove callus.  The drum sander at the lowest speed.  Just keep it moving to prevent heat buildup.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

coxy

i use a knife and just cut them off every few weeks just don't cut to deep or you will have a mess  :D and use a sharp knife razor blade works better 

sawguy21

I have done that but there is a risk of infection. Best to correct the footware problem, worked for me.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!