iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Would it be morally wrong????

Started by Matt601, April 15, 2018, 11:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt601

Would it be morally wrong to put a 380 timberjack grapple on a John Deer 440?? I just picked one up very very cheap. Wife picked the grapple up today said it looks like junk to her but the photos she sent me it looks great. She just can't see what I'm seeing! Good Friend of mine has a welding shop/Hy shop that's going to help me fit it. 

No matter where you go there you are!!!

BargeMonkey

Morally no....  what size tires are you running ??? anything less than a 23.1 your going to want a 5 point seatbelt because it's going to be a ride. 🤣

Matt601

23.1 X 26 

Im going to cut it down to get some of the wt off it. 

BargeMonkey

single arch or dual ? I'm not going to knock it but a 440 just doesn't have the weight behind it, all depends on the ground and the wood, I'm in the rough stuff and my 460 has all it wants with 3-4 good ones sometimes and she is 2.5x a 440. 

Maine logger88

I guess it would be a shame to waste a good tj grapple on a Deere lol lol lol! All jokes aside I don't see why it wouldn't work but going to need to get some closed center valves to make it work on the Deere. I agree with barge tho a 440 will be a bit light. Must be a esco grapple?
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Matt601

Its a old single arch with a esco grapple. I got the arch 2 Hy cy and the grapple for $500 bucks I dont think i can beat that. And they loaded it for my wife. As Im still offshore. 

BM most of my ground is flat nothing like what your cutting. Its going to take the place of a hog hog tractor. Im going to keep the winch on it too. I'm starting to cut a lot of pine plantations on there 2ed and 3rd thinning Where i get two 16 foot logs out each tree then the tops for pulp. Im not pulling poles. 

Skeans1

We had a 440C that was a single arch grapple skidder, when we did ours we bought the whole back half of a 548 and honestly it did really good like that.

Matt601

I put a down payment on a 440d which has a 90 hp motor on it. I hope it does good. I plan to put water in the tires too to put some more wt to it. But like I said its replacing a hog hog tractor so its got to be better than that. 

The reason i went with the 440 because with 26.1 rubber its still only 8.7 feet wide. I dont need a permit if its wider than 8.6 so I hope they let me slide lol. 

BargeMonkey

Offshore ??? Theres got to be like 6-7 boat guys here on the FF I count now 🤣 I secretly miss being "chief", this working for a living stuff 8 days a week is getting old.

I've got a 440D, a good machine but you want to go easy, on flat ground I think you will be fine. I've got ALL the books for that machine if you need copys of stuff.

Matt601

BM 
I'm a Captain and OIM on a drillship. I been offshore sent Feb 20th get to go home in a week for 5 weeks off then come back for 5 weeks. Were in middle east right now. I am one of the very few Captains that really come up on the drilling side. 

That 440d got to do better that that log hog. I hope I like it. Im planing to start running 2 trucks both bob tail with trailers. I got to get me a better loader too but Right now I think I will be fine. 

My wife has started to the the ram rod of our little farm. I have to give it to her she has really put a lot in to it and takes care of stuff when Im gone.  

Logger RK

I put a JD grapple on a Tree Farmer C5D. It had the Esco arch with a 72 inch grapple. (The single cyl arch). Since we chip are top's & under size wood,the big grapple works real good for us. My Son's didn't think it could handle it. It does have 23.1-26 tire's. I just wished I'd of not scrapped the duall arch. I'd of put that on my c7. But I found a TJ dual arch we'll put on the 7 this spring. 

mike_belben

Quote from: BargeMonkey on April 16, 2018, 12:54:26 AM
Offshore ??? Theres got to be like 6-7 boat guys here on the FF I count now 🤣

Well where else are you gonna find so many expenses to offset that paycheck?  Cmon, be a logger they said..itll be profitable they said.   

:)
Praise The Lord

Roxie

Say when

Matt601

Quote from: mike_belben on April 16, 2018, 09:02:02 AM
Quote from: BargeMonkey on April 16, 2018, 12:54:26 AM
Offshore ??? Theres got to be like 6-7 boat guys here on the FF I count now 🤣

Well where else are you gonna find so many expenses to offset that paycheck?  Cmon, be a logger they said..itll be profitable they said.  

:)
I have not paid in taxes in 18 years lol logging and working over seas tax wright offs. They wonder how I feed my self. 

BargeMonkey

Quote from: Matt601 on April 16, 2018, 01:35:27 AM
BM
I'm a Captain and OIM on a drillship. I been offshore sent Feb 20th get to go home in a week for 5 weeks off then come back for 5 weeks. Were in middle east right now. I am one of the very few Captains that really come up on the drilling side.

That 440d got to do better that that log hog. I hope I like it. Im planing to start running 2 trucks both bob tail with trailers. I got to get me a better loader too but Right now I think I will be fine.

My wife has started to the the ram rod of our little farm. I have to give it to her she has really put a lot in to it and takes care of stuff when Im gone.  

I keep getting texts and job offers to go back, it was EASY money compared to logging fulltime. A friend of mine is C/E U/L for TO on an MODU, needs a wheelbarrow to carry his check home 🤣  5on 5off is just enough time on and almost too much time home, before I found a cake gig I was doing 2.5/1 and that was getting old, went 14/21 and that was nice. I'm tempted to go sit for my 2nds, I've got the time over 300GRT but I doubt I ever sail again. 

Matt601

Quote from: BargeMonkey on April 17, 2018, 11:44:07 PM
Quote from: Matt601 on April 16, 2018, 01:35:27 AM
BM

I keep getting texts and job offers to go back, it was EASY money compared to logging fulltime. A friend of mine is C/E U/L for TO on an MODU, needs a wheelbarrow to carry his check home 🤣  5on 5off is just enough time on and almost too much time home, before I found a cake gig I was doing 2.5/1 and that was getting old, went 14/21 and that was nice. I'm tempted to go sit for my 2nds, I've got the time over 300GRT but I doubt I ever sail again.
I like 35/35 it gives me 4 full weeks home to log. I been working off sent 1991. I love being at sea there nothing like it. I have worked in 25 country all over the world. I was dirt poor coming up never been out the USA or the South for that matter. IM 44 and I have seen the world. The money is good too. In 3 years I will have everything paid off Im going to stay home and log. If I can get a few loads a week I can make it. When I get them anchors tattooed on my feet I will never go back to sea.    

teakwood

Quote from: Matt601 on April 18, 2018, 12:12:38 AMIM 44 and I have seen the world. The money is good too.

Why not staying at sea instead of logging where everyone complains they're barely making a living!
Maybe a dump question but i have never work on the sea and could not imagine doing it!
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Matt601

I spent haft my life away from my family. Like this hitch I have been offshore Dubai sent feb 20th. The stress is unreal running a 1 million dollar a day drilling rig. Im just tired of it. I missed my kids growing up. When I get everything paid off Im shutting it down. I don't need that much to live off. Ex wife spent every thing I made. Im remarried my wife wants me home. She works with me in the wood and she a nurse too a great tractor driver and truck driver.  I have always had a little pulpwood truck and worked on my days off and love doing it. I been getting my equipment built back up I will have 2 bob tail trucks 2 pulptrailers loader and hog hog and small skidder. I can make a good liven off that. Offshore my day rate is 1500 a day overseas tax free. In 2012 I was making $2500 a day its not worth being gone 200 days a year thow. You guys with little ones enjoy them when there little because before you know it there out the house and grown. I have a grandchild now and Im going to be home for them. 

With everything paid off All i need is to pay taxes and light bill little food. 

My cuzz and I was talking about it one day he has a logging company He was telling me after he pay everything he only has 15K left over at the end of the month. Going broke!!! has a 5000 sq foot house new truck new equipment wife drives a new suv kids in private school that $600 a month. yea he going broke. 
  I learn after I got divorced money is not everything. You can give someone the world and they ask for the moon and stars. My wife now just wants me home. I was off work for 9 months and proved to my self I could do it and pay my bills when i went back to work my wife and I have made a plane to get everything paid off so I can log when I need too not pay a note on anything we can do that in 3 years.  All I know how to do is oilfield and log and its something I love to do.   

teakwood

thanks for the explanation, now it makes total sense. you seem to be an intelligent fella!

1500-2500$/day without tax!!  Wow. Nice payday   
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Matt601

Quote from: teakwood on April 19, 2018, 07:46:50 AM
thanks for the explanation, now it makes total sense. you seem to be an intelligent fella!

1500-2500$/day without tax!!  Wow. Nice payday  
I have a interview with Exxon May 8th We are praying I get that job. If I do we can move it up to a year and a haft but will probably work 5 because it will be a 5 year contract. The rig I will be over will have a day rate of 600K a day with boats and choppers everything added up probably spend 2 million a day. 
I'm just a redneck that loves to work with my hands. All I have ever done was log/ pulpwood, farm and oilfield. My wife has the business head. She keeps the books and keeps me busy with jobs. I know how to turn work and get people to turn work fast. If I have pretty good wood I will turn out 200 tons a week by my self. 
Guys get ready for 90 to 100 dollar a bbl oil in the next year and a haft. Everyone is getting ready for it in the oilfield. Company's are getting rigs under contract now. Getting new wells planed and ready to start. The well we just drilled tested at 5,000 bbls a day. We are going to drill 10 more right here.  

mike_belben

As a culture we have been brainwashed into thinking money and happiness correlate but they dont.  Rich, famous and successful people still punch their own cards.  Money is a cruel master.

Ive not made this little since i was 13, but ive never been this content either.  Toting my 4yr old around for everything i have to do drives me nuts, but he just named every part on the mini excavator we hauled for the guys (and got a round of applause) at the septic job we went on the other day.  Moments like that make me confident were gonna be okay. Today im welding a chunk of fencepost he wants on his "skidder trike."

Im glad i kept him out of pre-k this year and have spent so much time together. Never know how much more you got.

Praise The Lord

Matt601

Quote from: mike_belben on April 19, 2018, 09:07:42 AM
As a culture we have been brainwashed into thinking money and happiness correlate but they dont.  Rich, famous and successful people still punch their own cards.  Money is a cruel master.

I was dirt poor after my dad Passed away. At 13 years old I had a little pulpwood truck and sold wood before and after school to pay the light bill and mine and my sister food. My mom was not there most of the time. I had a free ride to go play football at LSU but blow out my knee. I went in the oilfield. The only way I knew to show someone that I loved them was take care of them. All I did was work I moved up in the oilfield as my family went on with there life with out me. Just a text or email here and there. like I said give someone the world and they want the moon and stars too. 
God blessed me with Amy she wants me home she don't want the big house/ big rings  I have a nice home. She just wants to sleep ever night with me in our bed.     

thecfarm

Not saying nothing. I have never been paid alot. ;D  But have been down on my luck,with money. Ever notice you still get by,even though it's alot less than what you are use too? Just have to cut back on the nice things.And more. ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

newoodguy78

Sounds like you have a good woman Matt601,no amount of money will replace that. Good for you 
Cfarm you are absolutely correct not enough people realize that 

mike_belben

Yup, the more thankful you are, the more things come into your life to be thankful for. 
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!