iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Simpson Tie Down Strap Past Mudsill onto Post Face

Started by jb9, May 13, 2018, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb9

Hello,

Does anyone have any good ideas on how to get a Simpson Tie Down strap past a mudsill?  I have internally bumped out pilasters and I need to run the strap against the post face.  Could I cut a kerf in the PT mudsill?  I have attached a couple of renderings from my model to show what I am trying to accomplish.  I am stacking ICF (Insulated Concrete Form) blocks now and when I get to the top course, I need to come up with something that will work before I pour the concrete.

Thanks.

Don P

I guess I'm failing to see the collision, it looks like its working in the sketch. Can you switch the sketch to transparent view and describe the problem more? You can bore or lightly kerf the sill.

jb9

My bad...  I drew in a 2x6 mudsill and I think I want to use a 2x12 mudsill.  If I went with a wider mudsill, I think I would get a collision.  I think I could cut away the section around the post and then put a square section of PT in there.  Does this make sense?

Don P

It sounds like you could just drill a hole or cut a slot in the sill and feed the strap up through it.

Thank You Sponsors!