iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Edger with laser capabilities

Started by PAmizerman, May 27, 2018, 12:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAmizerman

I've been looking at edgers and was wondering which brands are able to have lasers added to them?

I was looking at the Thomas, Riehl, woodmizer, and Baker.

Has anyone added lasers for both blades?
Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

Bruno of NH

Someone on here put a laser on a baker.
He has a big indoor set up all electric.
I think he was a retired forestry or log buyer
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Dave Shepard

I think you could adapt any machine with lasers. The setups I've seen usually use a bunch of cables and pulleys to move the lasers. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Southside

I was going to go the laser route but ended up putting a ruler on each cross bracket on my Riehl instead.  Works like a charm, took maybe 10 boards to train my eye to line up on number all the way down.  If I have any doubt I just pick the board up a tad to look at the ruler and adjust accordingly. Cost a lot less money and I did not have to get into a bunch of complicated linkage for the laser.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

moodnacreek

If the same person runs the edger they won't need the shift saw laser after they get used to it. A fixed saw guide line is all they need and simple to install.

JB Griffin

Baker has lasers and the hardware to mount em. Wm should too.
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

tmbrcruiser

I have a Baker edger with lasers. Well worth the investment, quick and simple. The edger is electric and indoors so no problem with to much light. Once I got the laser set it is possible to cut to a mark on 16' lumber. Guides work well but don't reach the end of long lumber, requiring judgment to line up the board. My judgment skill aren't as good as the laser.
Once you get sap in your veins, you will always have sawdust in your pockets.

Alyeska Pete

Thank You Sponsors!