iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fort and Swing Project

Started by Mooseherder, June 09, 2018, 09:53:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

This is a recent project to replace an older cedar swing set that had to be replaced.  I saved the Slide, See-Saw and Swings from the old playset. Also added a couple more things from a swing company.  As the grand kids get older we can add a Zipline or Waterslide from the upper level if I am allowed. ;)
I used pool noodles to cover areas that they could possibly hit their heads on.  I've got close to 5 hundred dollars in Bolt and screws into it.  The farm trailer in the first pic was my workbench.  What an asset that thing was.

Brad_bb

That's awesome.  Any kid should be thrilled with that!
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Mooseherder

One of the towers and mid section.

samandothers

Great job!  I first thought the farm trailer was a trampoline they could jump on from the fort.   :o

The rabbit and noodles are nice touches.  The Chevy bowtie is a nice touch.  The birds maybe struggle with the neighborhood!

Wonderful job you are up for granddad of the year.

mike_belben

Wow thats great.. Im feelin like a slacker for not getting my kids fort finished now.  
Praise The Lord

Mooseherder

Those were 15 minute birdhouses. :)
The top of the first tower they can go left or right, then the other side tower.
Stairs and Sandbox under the Stairs.  The sandbox is a hit.

teakwood

Nice! I'm sure you're the cool grandpa!
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Mooseherder

Thanks!
I've got one that loves Cranes so made one out of PVC.  It's a work in progress.  I made a Crank from an old table saw angle degree handle that had stripped.  It's working but they haven't figured it out yet.  I'll probably try a fishing reel next.  It was originally down in the sandbox but there wasn't enough room in there for it so I moved it up top.

teakwood

You have palms in your garden??

It looks like in Costa Rica!
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Mooseherder

Yup,  got a few of them.  Coconut, Royals, Queens and what I call Christmas Palms.
I had to take down my biggest Coconut tree this year because it was a danger to walk under if a Coconut fell.  Hated to do it but really had no other choice.

barbender

That's awesome, Mooseherder!
Too many irons in the fire

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

DPatton

That should keep some grandkids occupied for a good long time. That's really nice Moosehearder.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Magicman

Wow Sir, that is an awesome project.  You are a Good Granddad.  8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Roxie

That is just outstanding and creative.  Love it!

A zip line into the pool would be the 'cherry on top.'    
Say when

POSTON WIDEHEAD

They make you tag them?
Is it a portable play station?.....If so, you ARE the coolest and most well known man in Florida.  8)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

breederman

Wow ! VERY NICE .

You win so I'm not going to enter this contest !
Together we got this !

Mooseherder

We were watching an episode of the show Maine Cabin Masters where Ashley made a Xylophone from wood scraps and my wife said I should make one with the pieces of leftover Bamboo from past projects.  I made it and put it up next to the sand pit.

Dakota

That's going to be a lot of fun for the kids.  Good job.  I'm sure you've got something planed to keep the cats out of their sand box.
Dave Rinker

samandothers

Quote from: Dakota on November 23, 2018, 07:54:37 AM
I'm sure you've got something planed to keep the cats out of their sand box.
Rifle?  :D  
Just kidding, could not resist.

Stephen1

IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Mooseherder

I made a Plane from some pt fence board scraps for the fun of it.
It made flight trials today.  Have to touch and dress it up a little more.
Flying Hair Maiden Voyage - YouTube

Thank You Sponsors!