iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another salvage job

Started by Downstream, December 03, 2018, 10:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Downstream

Here is the latest salvage job.  Found an old set of vintage cast iron bench legs from local architectural salvage store and added some of my firewood salvaged slabs.  I took a slab and transferred the live edge into each of the slats on my bandsaw to give it a more natural look instead of straight cuts.  As soon as I saw the curved piece in my slab pile I knew it would be perfect for the back.  Now I will finish with oil and on to the next project.

EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

WLC

WOW!!! Thats purdy!!  Would love to have some legs like those.
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

IMERC

Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

thecfarm

You did good with the wood.
For you? Sell it? Gift?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Downstream

Thanks for the comments.  I see many modern(cheap) cast iron bench legs laying around, but don't find these older heavier ones very often so normally try and make a deal if I find them.  I was in Northern Illinois over Thanksgiving and found some very old rustic cast iron bench legs at an antique store.  They were from Europe and not like anything I have ever seen, but the owner knew what they were worth so no deals to be made at a price I could use/resale.  Most of what I make is for sale as I am trying to build my live edge furniture business.
EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

FLPINERAT

I like that a lot. Show pics when finished..PLEASE!

Downstream

Finally got around to putting a finish on this bench today.  Ended up filling some cracks/voids with epoxy which set me back a few days.  I used a teak oil finish for this one since the timber oil I normally use for outdoor projects has a little too much amber color to it for this wood.

Stoneyacrefarm

Work hard. Be rewarded.

WDH

Love the flow of the lines.  Well done. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!