iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawing project 2019

Started by customsawyer, February 03, 2019, 11:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

This year the sawing project is on April 5th and 6th. Gene (AKA the Wood Doc) will  be teaching a class on DH kilns on the 5th. There is a strong chance of some minor cost on this one for print outs and such, maybe $20.00 or so just to cover cost. Not sure just yet as some of it y'all might be able to download and save everyone trouble. You will need to bring some comfortable chairs for this class. If Gene or myself are providing the print outs we will need an accurate count on how many. On the 6th we can do another quartersawing demo or if there is some things that y'all would like to see demonstrated feel free to ask. Keep in mind that Danny and I have to be able to dry and sell the wood to offset some of the cost of this thing. The kiln class will need to be on a schedule to get all points covered. I will leave that up to Gene to set the times on that. As always when it comes to the sawing we set the start time at 8:30 and fly by the seat of our britches the rest of the day. There is a new Cantek 30" double surface planer that I'm sure some will want to see run. Look forward to seeing everyone. Lets keep a head count as we go and note if you are coming for both days or just one. The address is

1607 Capps Browning Rd.
Rentz, GA. 31075

I make 1 and will be there for both days.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Stephen1

I am interested in comming, but will need to make a decision closer to the date as it is in the middle of Maple Syrup season for me. 
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

LeeB

I hate to miss it but I'll be working.  :'(
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

123maxbars

I make 2, 
wouldn't miss it, 
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Tom the Sawyer

Tom and Jillane, makes 4.  
(She won't be attending any training  :P, but its a 2 day drive each way and we'll take a side trip to NC for her.)
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

Nomad

It goes without saying I'll be there, both days.  I make 5.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Raider Bill

Put Wild Bill and I down for 2 more.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Southside

I am heading down for both days make it 9. Would be happy to pay for printed material over download, seems I can never find information again that way. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Deese

I'll be there both days. I make 10
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

DanG

I'll be 11. I will arrive Friday afternoon so no class for me.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

slider

I will be there with the cook so that makes 13 . Sign me up for doc's class . 
al glenn

doc henderson

I am working on my april schedule.  I hope I can come.  Any further info for us newbies.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

YellowHammer

Martha and I will be there, so 14 and 15.  Really looking forward to it. 

I need all the class ;D I can get, so count me in.  Martha will hang out on the porch with Tammy and friends.

She says she knows the most important part of kiln drying anyway, and that is when I mess up some wood, for her to leave me alone as I unstack the bundle and start saying "Daddy Words". :D

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

WDH

I said some "Daddy Words" last week.  It involved pecan smiley_devil.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ga Mtn Man

I make 16.  Looking  forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

E-Tex

i'm hopeful I will make it.  i'll confirm soon.
LT-50 Wide, Nyle 200Pro Kiln, Mahindra 6065, Kubota 97-2 / Forestry Mulcher 
L2 Sawmill LLC

Timfuller

18 and 19 brother and I are looking forward to all. Is there 5thwheel camper room?

Sixacresand

16 20 and 17 21. I always have a good time.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

boardmaker

Looks like the count is off. 

I'm checking if the wife would like to ride along so I will confirm then. 

I don't feel like pulling my 5th wheel that far although I may change my mind...  Any hotel recommendations?

caveman

There are hotels a few miles north of Jake's place near the interstate. 

Gas and diesel are also available.  Who would have thought that someone could put gasoline into a diesel tank?
Caveman

Southside

Rumor has it there are some nice dresses to be had in the area too. 
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

doc henderson

What size do you wear SS?!!! smiley_hairbow
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Southside

Oh my good Doctor - it appears you have not seen the famous photo - perhaps @Magicman will be kind enough to post it here.  
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Thank You Sponsors!