iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

at a stand still

Started by jmouton, February 18, 2016, 09:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmouton

so my day was going good ,pulled  15 oak logs out of the woods this morning across  a low area with  rr ties across it so it was frozen , good right,,, they were 17 ft and average 28 incher s  some veneer quality ,,,nice logs , had to get them out before fri when its gonna be 55 degree s ,and it was about a half mile to our landing,,,  so any way i loaded up my 10 ton trailer and was on my way out and almost to the main rd i saw my trailer axle look a little different in my mirror ,  so i  got to hard ground and geuss what,,,   i broke a leaf spring ,, the main one , bummer   ,, well at least it will be warm when i fix it on  fri ,,   did i mention it is loaded  , probably too much ,, if you saw it , you would say that ,, i was hoping to get everything out today but oh well,,could have been worse ,,

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

ncsawyer

That is no fun!!  I always have a tendency to overload my trailer when it comes to logs.  The worst I have done is bottom my suspension out on my trailer and pinch my brake wires into between the axel and frame.

Good luck with the repair.
2015 Wood-Mizer LT40DD35
Woodmaster 718 planer
Ford 445 Skip Loader

customsawyer

I have one you can barrow.  ;D Might be a bit out of your way to come get it though.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

AnthonyW

Quote from: ncsawyer on February 18, 2016, 10:37:11 PM
That is no fun!!  I always have a tendency to overload my trailer when it comes to logs.  The worst I have done is bottom my suspension out on my trailer and pinch my brake wires into between the axel and frame.

Good luck with the repair.

I have a log weight app on the phone to help prevent just that problem. Logs do weigh a LOT more than you think.
'97 Wood-Mizer LT25 All Manual with 15HP Kohler

outpost22

Broke the main leaf on one of my trailers with a load of topsoil many years ago. Thankfully I didn't spread that load all over the street. Was a good lesson on overloading, not that I would ever do that...  :-\

Hopefully your fix won't be too hard.
Creating one more project one at a time.
Burg Bandsaw Mill
Stihl 010
Stihl 210
Stihl 251
Stihl 461
Husky 350
Kubota L3800

Thank You Sponsors!