Sponsors:

Well

Started by Bruno of NH, July 28, 2018, 03:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Having a tough week. 
Not getting around to good.
Had someone cancell an order 3/4 done.
Hit a nice buck in velvet in Newport this morning.
Busted the grill and front of the truck.
On a good note sold 13 slabs this week. 
Made a connection with a young gall that does beautiful wood burning.
Going to mill her up some live edge basswood when I have some help.
Trying to stay positive but it hard when I can't move very well :(
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

nativewolf

Quote from: Bruno of NH on August 17, 2018, 08:46:44 AM
Having a tough week.
Not getting around to good.
Had someone cancell an order 3/4 done.
Hit a nice buck in velvet in Newport this morning.
Busted the grill and front of the truck.
On a good note sold 13 slabs this week.
Made a connection with a young gall that does beautiful wood burning.
Going to mill her up some live edge basswood when I have some help.
Trying to stay positive but it hard when I can't move very well :(
Thinking of you down here in Virginia.  Stay focused on getting the weight off so they can get to your knees, the knee surgery is just amazing stuff.  I'd even suggest getting some professional help on the weight loss if that's something you could make happen.  
Liking Walnut

Magicman

My heart is with you my Friend.  I just wish that I was closer.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Southside

One second, that's all you have to get through, then repeat. It will become routine. I am speaking from experience. You can pull this off. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

mike_belben

Hang in there bruno.  Young gals always make me positive. 
Praise The Lord

Hilltop366

Things didn't get this way all at once and it will take time to get better, keep at it doing what you can without making the knee worse. Try to find ways to ways to keep yourself mobile and relive stress on your knee.

Ideas?

Use your strong points to your advantage, from reading your posts I'm always impressed with your ambition you seem to have the ability to market product and create good customer relations, perhaps you could hire some help with producing the product and free up time to market and sell.

Bruno of NH

The words out about my mill with the young gals :)
One of my friends gets a kick out of it.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Hilltop366

Opportunity, get the word out to the young guys about the young gals coming to the sawmill. 

Hilltop366

Better yet get the gals to work at the sawmill, probably work harder and do a better job! 

Bruno of NH

I have worked with some ladies before.
They have all been hard workers. 

alan gage

My grandfather said he never really made any money until he had his hernia operation because it forced him to work with his head rather than his back.

Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

SawyerTed

When you feel like you are going through "the hot place" keep moving! Ole Scratch is just waiting for folks to give up.  That's when he gets us!  

Sorry you are having a hard time.  Wish I were closer, young gals around my sawmill are mostly just lost....
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Chuck White

Quote from: Bruno of NH on August 17, 2018, 12:48:46 PM
I have worked with some ladies before.
They have all been hard workers.
My helper on the sawmill this summer is my 14 y/o niece!
She's a better helper than a lot of guys I've had on the other side of the mill in the past!  ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Stacking lumber.

Shoveling sawdust.

And then hop in the JD and bring me another log.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bruno of NH

Couldn't do anything this weekend couldn't find any help.
This week I'm trying a new guy for 3 days.
I got folks wanting their mill orders and I'm 6 to 8 cords behind on firewood.
I can split it but I'm not touching a chain saw when you can't move.
Hopefully things work out this week :)
I'm keeping a good outlook.

kiamori

Quote from: Bruno of NH on July 28, 2018, 03:24:04 PM
Well the knee is finally done  ;)
They can't help me for a year because of my size.
I wish I could make my mill a hydraulic feed.
I'm not good at that stuff.
I don't think I can swing a new mill right now.
I have some good friends helping me fill orders. That's not going to last for ever.
I got lots to think about in the coming week.
I milled today but barely made it up 3 steps into the house.
Put out an ad for a mentor, someone looking to get into the business. They can help you out and you can get some stuff done.

Bruno of NH

Had a family friend come over this morning and helped me at the mill.
He was good help got one of my small orders done.
He didn't want any money but I pay everyone that works at the mill.

Peter Drouin

Some days it all works out. smiley_thumbsup
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

chep

Bruno. I'm within an hour and 15 of you. If you need a hand next weekend I can give you a Saturday / Sunday morning. From following your posts I see you have a big heart and awesome attitude!
Let me know asap on the board or thru pm so I can put it on my schedule.
Be well

Bruno of NH

Chep
Thanks for the offer :)
I have a Dr. Appointment Friday at 3:00
I hope to have a plan laid out.
My friend that helped me this weekend is coming back again next weekend he liked it and I think he was glad to have a little jingle in his pocket. 
He just got a small house that needs lots of work.
He don't have any money.
I have been giving him some lumber to jump start his repairs.
I don't want any payment for it.
The money he makes milling can go to other material he needs.
Winter is coming.
It's very hard for me to need help.
It's just not my way.

Magicman

But there is also a joy in giving and I know Jim that you have received that joy.  Never deny that joy to any other person by refusing to allow them to give or to help.  :)

Bruno of NH

I have found a couple new part time helpers and have milled out some pine orders this week.
Cut and split some firewood.
I'm 10 cords behind.
I have a Dr's appointment today at 3:00 and Sheila's going to take me :)
To boss me around and make a shure I get something done.
I worked to long yesterday I'm paying for it a little this morning.
But bills need to get paid.
Thanks for listening
Bruno

Peter Drouin

Why don't you get a guy with a firewood processor to cut and split it all? I see them on CL all the time.
They come in and do it. You just have to scoop load and del.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Bruno of NH

Didn't go very good at the Dr's appointment today. 
No new knees for me untill i have gastric bypass surgery. 
No surgeon will do it.
It takes a year to get the bypass.
I'm in a real pickle now.
I did get two shots.

Bruno of NH

I found 2 guys to work at the mill 2 weeks ago.
This week they never showed up.
The orders are piling up fast .
I can't afford a hydraulic mill right now but that's what I need.
If this keeps up I'm going to lose everything thing I have built up the last 4 years.
Had a bunch of things lined up for today and my friend that's helping me son got crushed by a steel beam at work and got hurt real bad.He has to stay home.
I'm thinking at this point I might have to fold up by the end of the month if things don't get better .
I got a good name in the area and don't want to lose it.

Thank You Sponsors!