iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dump Trailer w/Grapple Loader Diversity

Started by TLTowner, April 16, 2017, 11:58:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

With quick couplers on the hoses and one pin to knock in and out a bucket change can be done pretty quick.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

barbender

If the smallest one weighs 750 odd pounds, that's how much the grapple hanging on the Ponsse K100 on the BuffaloKing weighs. Lifting capacity approximately 3.5 tons.
Too many irons in the fire

DelawhereJoe

There web site said Sanborn, NY. Just scroll down to the bottom, click contact, and scroll down to the one for the US. Pick up the phone call the 1-800-# and empty your pockets.....I'm sure that thing isn't cheap.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

chevytaHOE5674

Most of those small trailer mounted loaders have a lifting capacity of 1500-2000 lbs. Hang close to half that capacity in just the grapple and rotator and you will be sadly disappointed with the performance.

DelawhereJoe

WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

snowstorm

Quote from: chevytaHOE5674 on April 20, 2017, 05:03:09 PM
Most of those small trailer mounted loaders have a lifting capacity of 1500-2000 lbs. Hang close to half that capacity in just the grapple and rotator and you will be sadly disappointed with the performance.
i agree. he has a excavator just use that. a 480 case that has gotta be old. i haven't see one of those in years

Hilltop366

I tried to find the video I had seen on youtube a few years ago but had no luck.

It was a video of mini porter with the ability to put on a dump box and convert the grapple into a clam bucket, It looked like a nice rig to do the kind of work you describe, not for tough digging but more for moving gravel and cleaning out drains and culverts. The grapple to clam bucket looks like a less costly option.

mike_belben

I think a clam style bucket would be a better, lighter, cheaper dirt loader.  Ive run a sennebogen scrap loader with orange peel and i cant imagine effectively doing pond maintenance with it.  We use an ibeam to groom the gravel lot but thats pretty different than loading muck.

What about a bypass log grapple with bolt on fabricated sideplates that turn it into a clamp bucket?  I have a garden tractor with a blade that i bolt various side plates onto for specific tasks with excellent results. 
Praise The Lord

TLTowner

I sure appreciate all of the suggestions, I am beginning to feel that one grapple attachment will not do all. I think for loading sand, gravel, and loose dirt a clam type would certainly work best. I found a Finnish Grapple imported into the US and Canada with dealers stateside that specializes in firewood, but looks like it would handle logs, brush, and even possibly rocks. I will try to insert a photo here, but have not learned too well yet. There is a You Tube video also.

s grinder

Branch Manager makes a bolt on bucket that goes on their grapples, good for stump grindings,chips or brush think it's on you tube

TLTowner

I was just about ready to give up on a four tine all purpose Grapple when I found this You Tube video;

Check it out!

The unit is a "KESLA300X"

https://youtu.be/XSkAi9G-8gQ

https://youtu.be/XSkAi9G-8gQ

barbender

Well that looks exactly like what you're looking for, it does exist! ;) It looks slick!
Too many irons in the fire

taluswood

Wow I really like the look of that grapple, any idea what it retails at?

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

62oliver

Hey that looks pretty handy,

buy 'er up and let us know how it works out!!
Husqvarna 266, Case 90xt, JD310C, TJ240E, 02 Duramax

Thank You Sponsors!