iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood Fired Masonry Ovens

Started by Local4Fitter, June 21, 2012, 05:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don_Papenburg

Mine is made with 6x9x3 fire brick I have it set with 6inch wall thickness  a mortar over and then about 1-13/4"vermiculite insulationand topping that about 6inches of ceramic wool .  I have one temp guage set in the first inch of the oven wall and one set to take readings one inch in from the outer side of the oven wall .   It takes about six hours to heat mine to an even temp .  We take it up to about 700 to 750 then let it cool to what ever the cooking temp needs to be .  It take aprox. three days to cool to below 150 from the 750.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Local4Fitter

That's great Don. Do  you use it alot?  I have made bread in mine only twice but want to do more. Can you post some pics of your oven?
1974 John Deere 510, Wood fired pizza oven,2005 Dodge/Cummins,Firearms for all occasions.

Full Chisel

This is one of the best threads I've seen on any site. I'm real interested in food, no doubt. People here are hunting and building log cabins cutting wood and baking pizza in the yard. What a cool site. And local 4 Fitter, that project is stupendous.

Even the guy with the brontosaurus leg in his avatar doesn't want to arm wrestle.
Jed: Jethro, how's come they ain't no ice in Kali Forni-a?

Jethro: Don't look at me Uncle Jed. I didn't take it.

Don_Papenburg

Not as much as I would like .  I will post pictures when we get a rainy day . I have dialup and i think it is going to take a lot of time to get the gallery going.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Thank You Sponsors!