iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sand Paper

Started by SwampDonkey, March 11, 2011, 08:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohsoloco

Quote from: SwampDonkey on March 15, 2011, 06:43:18 AM
Mine will barely hold for the first round. The hook pad is warn out, time for a new model. Had this one for at least 15 years. You can get replacement pads, but with everything so cheap now, might as well buy a new one without farting around waiting and sourcing a replacement pad. Also I dropped it a couple years ago and busted the dust skirt and the dust bag is warn. So, time to replace. ;D

This sander doesn't have very many hours on it  :-\  I've been known to press too hard in the past, but really try and let the sand paper do the work now.  If I have to buy a replacement pad, I'll just get another sander and keep a grit on there until it won't cut anymore  :D

WDH

On my DeWalt ROS, I have had to replace the pad several times.  But, I do a lot of sanding  :).

This is the way it goes.......Cut and plane some boards.  Joint them, glue them.  Sand, sand, sand, sand, sand, sand, sand, sand, sand, sand, sand, sand, sand, sand, sand, sand, sand, sand, sand, sand, and sand.  Then finish them  :-\.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

isawlogs

I get my sanding disc from this http://www.stockroomsupply.ca/shop/home/place   I usualy buy from them at the Ottawa wood show , but did not make it last year. Got to get an order in for some discs and some belts for the 3x24 sanders.
I had to change the pad on my Makita after lonning it to my BIL, he must of sat on it while sanding. You should never push down on the hook & loop disc sanders as that will crush the hooks on the pad and it will be useless in no time. I have tried some of those wantobee random orbital sanders from whom knows where, and just cant use them, way to much vibration for my hands, I have a 2 handle Makita and a Dewalt that get used regularly both of these are low vibration handling.

Danny , ever think of getting using a belt sander before the ROS for the glue joints, just thinking ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

WDH

Belt sanders are evil.  I hate them  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

:D :D Sanding.......sanding  etc infinitum continuum  :D :D

The local hardware Chinese belts are crap for one thing, but I do use a belt sander on glue ups. Orbital and palm to after that. But, yeah sanding is a big chore. :D

The disks are less with volume buying at Lee's. I Bought a sleeve of 3 Norton papers in Walmart for $4.00, they would be $3 if I just bought 3.30 from Lee's or as little as $0.80 each when ordering a bunch.

Ordered some stuff tonight, free shipping on orders over $40 for a limited time, can't remember when that ends.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!