iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ann Arbor Mi. area fatality?

Started by 9shooter, May 13, 2006, 03:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

9shooter

I heard today that there was a fatality near Ann Arbor Mi. last week involving someone cutting boards from a log. Anyone know about this?
Earth First! We'll log the other planet's later!

DanG

What a very sad thing.  It is often said that "You can't be too careful."  Well, sometimes you just can't be careful enough.  That odd little freak happenstance, and the chance of multiple failures at the same time are the things that will get you.  Just look what happened to our own Mark M!  Who would have thought that could happen, but it did.  I just about croak when customers pull in with big logs on a trailer with no bolsters, or woefully inadequate ones, and they hop right out and start unbuckling the straps.  I make them stop until I get the forklift or loader there, if I can, but usually they have already taken the risk before I can get there.

THINK, people!!  THINK about the little things that can happen in less than a heartbeat that could cause you to be the subject of the next disturbing news article.  THINK DanGit!!
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Paschale

Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

rebocardo

How sad, at least they are sort of old enough to always remember their father  :'(

9shooter

This is indeed a very sad story. I can't help but notice that he was working alone. I know it is tempting to do that, but it is not a good idea. I worked with my brother-in-law for a while when he first started logging. He had been working alone and had an accident where he cut his foot with a chainsaw. It scared him enough to cause him to call me and ask me to work with him until he could hire on a crew.  I try to never work alone in the woods. It is a cadinal rule along with wearing chaps and a hard hat.
Earth First! We'll log the other planet's later!

Ron Scott

And a good reminder for those of us who are regularly around "log decks".
~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!